Jay Shetty is a vlogger and motivational speaker from the United Kingdom with roots in India. He is a globally known face who rose to fame and popularity with his extream knowledgable vlogs and huff posts. He is widely known as the Urban Monk. He has a huge following over the social media sites. He is also a host and writer. Check out Jay Shetty, height, weight, age, girlfriend, wife, caste, family, biography and more.
Jay Shetty is 30 years old vlog star who was born on 6 September 1987 in London, United Kingdom. He is British but his ethnicity is Indian. In his childhood, he was a bad guy and nobody liked him. He completed his schooling from London, United Kingdom and later joined the Cass Business School, London to pursue a bachelor degree in BSc (Hons) in Behavioral Science. Before joining the business school, he learned about human life and it’s unexplored facts from a monk at the age of 18. He decided to become a monk and he came back to India and took the education of a monk.
He is a modern and fashionable urban monk whose is a tall man and his height is around 5′ 11″ inches. He is quite cautious about his fitness and weighs around 75 kg. His eyes are quite attractive and their color is hazel grey. He prefers to maintain his hair in modern style and his hair color is black. His chest is 40 inches, waist-32 inches, and biceps are 12 inches.
Family, Caste, Girlfriend
There is not much information about his parents and siblings. He is unmarried and his girlfriend name is not known.
After the completion of his schooling, he decided to become a monk inspiring from a monk’s words. He did his graduation in Behavioral Science and later, he came to India and spent 3 years among the monks. He went back to the UK and shared what he learned in India among the monks. He started sharing his wisdom and knowledge through social media. He associated with huff post and worked for them. He started his vlog on YouTube in 2015 and he got an amazing response from the YouTubers. He is also associated with the companies like Facebook, Snapchat, National Geographic, and Nasdaq. He speaks in the colleges, universities, seminars, and conferences around the globe.
- Jay was born into an Indian Telegu family in London, United Kingdom.
- He was a bad guy in his school.
- He often took drugs and had many relationships in his school days.
- He was suspended 3 times from his school.
- When he was 18, he attended a lecture by a monk in London, which completely changed his perspective towards life and inspired him to learned the education of a monk.
- When he was 22 years old, he went to India where he lived in a monastery for 3 years and learned charity and meditation that detached him from the materialistic world.
- After he returned back to the UK, he began sharing the spiritual experiences that he had in India. He merged his knowledge in finance with his learnings as a monk and utilized it as a corporate training tool for those who work in stress.
- He was a monk before, who now calls himself an urban monk who is a vlogger, a motivational philosopher, and a keynote speaker.
- He is also an award-winning host, interviewer & producer who got elected by Arianna Huffington to be the Host of HuffPost Rise.
- He is the creator of ‘Invisible World,’ a short film series on YouTube.
- He has worked as a coach to several corporations including Google, L’Oreal, Facebook, Coca-Cola, HSBC, Microsoft, Accenture., Nasdaq, Bank of England, and EY (Ernst & Young).
- In November 2016, he won the ‘Espoke Living Best Blog’ award at the Asian Media Awards.
- He has been called “the voice of a generation” and he aims to spread wisdom at the pace people want entertainment.
- His favourite book is Ramayana.
- His hobbies are reading, writing, and travelling.
- He has a tattoo of a boxing glove on his neck.