Harpreet Brar is an Indian player who plays for the domestic teams of Punjab and for India U-23 as a bowler. In 2019, Harpreet Brar joined Kings XI Punjab for the 2019 Indian Premier League season.
Harpreet Brar was born on Saturday, 16 September 1995 (age 25 years; as in 2020) in Moga, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Virgo. Harpreet started playing cricket during his school time and he was a part of the Punjab U-16 cricket team. Harpreet used to play as a bowler for the state team of Ropar. He made his Twenty20 debut for Kings XI Punjab with the 2019 Indian Premier League on 20 April 2019. His efficient and consistent performance during state matches helped him become a part of the India U-23 team.
Height (approx.): 6′ 3″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Harpreet Brar’s father’s name is Mohinder Singh Brar, and his mother’s name is Gurmeet Kaur Brar. Harpreet has an elder sister, Ramanpreet Kaur Brar.
Harpreet Brar started playing for the Punjab U-16 team when he was in school. He then completed his bachelor’s degree from G.G.D.S.D. College, Chandigarh while he was playing for the college team, and for the Punjab U-19 team. Harpreet Brar gave trials for the domestic team of Punjab and he appeared for trials for IPL on four different occasions but he got rejected every time. Harpreet’s plan B was to either join the Punjab Police like his father or fly to Canada to his sister for higher education. However, things changed when a local IPL franchise called him and he was bought by Kings XI Punjab for the base price of Rs. 20 lakhs for the 2019 IPL season. Harpreet played his debut Twenty20 match with KXIP and from there he got the opportunity to be a part of the India U-23 team and go on for a tour against Bangladesh.
- During an inter-district match against Hoshiarpur, Harpreet was playing for the Ropar Under-19 team when he took 10 wickets in the second inning. Harpreet Brar took 5 wickets in the first inning of the same match. The other two cricketers who hold this record are Anil Kumble and England’s Jim Laker.
- Harpreet Brar considers former Indian cricketer, Yuvraj Singh as his role model in cricket. Brar grew up watching Yuvraj Singh play for the country and this inspired him to play cricket and his dream is to play for Team India.
- Harpreet Brar often received negative criticism from his relatives regarding his choice of career. However, these taunts helped him grow and work even harder to become a professional cricketer.
- Harpreet Brar is a huge fan of Sonam Bajwa and he made a sketch of her and posted it on his Facebook profile.
- Harpreet Brar contested the elections for the post of sports in-charge when he was studying in G.G.D.S.D. College, Chandigarh. He was a part of the SOI college political party.
- Gurkeerat Singh Mann, India, and Punjab player had a significant role in Brar’s life. Mann suggested Harpreet Brar should give trials for the Mohali district team and fortunately, he was selected in the team. With the correct guidance, Harpreet was able to make it to the KXIP team.