Jung Yu-mi is a South Korean actress. She is known for her work in the K-dramas ‘Reply 1994’ (2013), ‘Discovery of Love’ (2014), and ‘The School Nurse Files’ (2020), and films ‘Train to Busan’ (2016) and ‘Kim Ji-young: Born 1982’ (2019).
Jung Yu-mi was born on Tuesday, January 18, 1983 (age 37 years; as of 2020), in Busan, South Korea. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She studied at the Department of Film at Seoul Institute of the Arts, Ansan.
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Family, Ethnicity & Relationships
Not much is known about her family. She was once rumored to be getting married to the South Korean actor Gong Yoo in 2018. After a few months, their agency, Management SOOP, released an official statement and discarded the rumors as false.
She has also been linked to the South Korean actors Yoo Ah-in, Eric Mun, and Kang Ha-neul.
- Management Donghaeng (till January 2016)
- Management Soop (March 10, 2016 – Present)
In 2003, she made her acting debut with the short film ‘Tell Her I Love Her.’ She has acted in the short films: How to Operate a Polaroid Camera (2004), A Puppy, Our Family (2008), Lost in the Mountains (2009), The Winter Pianist (2013), and Ladies of the Forest (2017). In 2005, she made her full-length film debut with ‘A Bittersweet Life’ as ‘Mi-ae.’
She received wide recognition for her role of ‘Cho In-young’ in the film ‘Blossom Again’ (2005).
She has acted in the feature films: Family Ties (2006), Chaw (2009), My Dear Desperado (2010), The Crucible (2011), Train to Busan (2016), and Kim Ji-young: Born 1982 (2019).
She made her television debut with the series ‘Que Sera, Sera’ (2007) as ‘Han Eun-soo.’
She has also acted in the films: I Need Romance 2012 (2012), Reply 1994 (2013), Discovery of Love (2014), Live (2018), and The School Nurse Files (2020). She has also appeared in the variety shows Youn’s Kitchen (2017), Youn’s Kitchen: Season 2 (2018), and Summer Vacation (2020).
Awards & Achievements
- Korean Association of Film Critics Award for Best New Actress for the film ‘Blossom Again’ in 2005
- Baeksang Arts Award Best New Actress for the film ‘Blossom Again’ in 2006
- Blue Dragon Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film ‘Family Ties’ in 2006
- Golden Cinematography Award for Best Actress for the film ‘My Dear Desperado’ in 2011
- Buil Film Award for Best Actress for the film ‘Okie’s Movie’ in 2011
- Busan Film Critics Award for Best Actress for the film ‘Our Sunhi’ in 2013
- Cine 21 Award for Best Actress for the film ‘Our Sunhi’ in 2013
- Korea World Youth Film Festival – Award for Favorite Film Actress for the film ‘The Table’ in 2017
- Women in Film Korea Award for Best Actress for the film ‘Kim Ji-young: Born 1982’ in 2019
- Grand Bell Award for Best Actress for the film ‘Kim Ji-young: Born 1982’ in 2019
KBS Drama Awards
- Excellence Award, Actress in a One-Act Drama Special for ‘The Great Gye Choon-bin’ in 2010
- Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries for ‘Discovery of Love’ in 2014
- Netizen Award, Actress for ‘Discovery of Love’ in 2014
- Best Couple Award with Eric Mun for ‘Discovery of Love’ in 2014
In 2018, it was announced that she would be starring in the feminist film ‘Kim Ji-young: Born 1982,’ which drew her a lot of criticism from the critics and supporters. Her Instagram account was flooded with harsh comments, where some were critical about her film choice, some chastised her for being too good looking for the theme of the film. Korea Herald
- She has also appeared in the music video of the songs ‘Zero Gravity’ by the South Korean singer Zion T. and ‘Holding Onto You’ by the South Korean singer Sung Si-kyung.
- She has appeared in the advertisement for brands such as Samsung Fire Insurance, Benefit Cosmetics, Samsung Card, and Laura Mercier.
- She is a dog lover and often posts pictures with her pet dog on her Instagram account.
- Jung Yu-mi is often confused with the South Korean actress Jeong Yu-mi (born in 1984) as both of their names are written in the same spelling and spoken in the same manner in Korean.