Faisal Hasnain is a Chartered Accountant qualified from the United Kingdom (UK). He has experience of over 35 years in high profile finance and sports administrative roles with some of the world’s leading blue-chip organizations.
Faisal Hasnain was born on Sunday, 10 May 1959 (age 62 years; as of 2021) in Karachi, Pakistan. His zodiac sign is Taurus. He became the CEO of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on 13 December 2021 and resumed the charge from 1 January 2022 for a term of three years. Before him, Wasim Khan was the CEO of the PCB but he resigned in September 2021 as New Zealand and England cancelled their tours in limited-overs format to Pakistan.
Hair Colour: Natural Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
There is no information available about his family.
• 2002-2008 & 2010-2017– Chief Financial Officer, International Cricket Council
• 2017-2018– Managing Director, Zimbabwe Cricket
• 2010– Chief Executive Officer, Dubai Golf
• 2009-2010– Chief Operating Officer, Dubai Golf
• 2008– Chief Operating Officer, Dubai Event Management Company
• 1992-2002– Financial Controller, Citigroup/Saudi American Bank, London
• 1989-1992– Manager, Ernst & Young, Riyadh
• 1986-1989– Assistant Vice-President, Corporate Finance, Chase Manhattan, Karachi
• 1979-1985– Senior Auditor, Westbury & Company, London
During his tenure as the ICC’s Chief Financial Officer, he was in charge of a financial portfolio of around $3 billion. He was also involved in the sales of ICC’s commercial rights for the 2007-2015 and 2016-2023 commercial cycles. He was the Managing Director of Zimbabwe cricket when they were suffering from a financial crisis. He improved their funding and secured their hosting rights for the ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2018 which was first Zimbabwe’s global event in 15 years.
- When Faisal Hasnain was appointed as the CEO of Pakistan Cricket Board, the Chief of PCB, Ramiz Raja said,
“I am delighted to confirm the appointment of Faisal Hasnain as the PCB’s Chief Executive and welcome him to the Pakistan cricket family. Faisal is a familiar figure in world cricket and is highly regarded, respected, and trusted for his excellence in corporate governance, financial management, and commercial acumen. With the plans I have for the PCB, Faisal will be a perfect fit as he can utilize his vast experience and knowledge to help us achieve our commercial and financial objectives of making Pakistan cricket bigger and stronger.”
- Faisal Hasnain on his appointment said,
“I feel honoured and privileged to have been awarded this once in a lifetime opportunity to serve Pakistan cricket and thank the PCB Chairman and the Board of Governors for having the confidence in my capabilities. I am fully committed to playing my part in delivering the PCB Chairman’s vision for Pakistan cricket, fulfilling the expectations and dreams of millions of passionate Pakistan cricket fans and strengthening the relationships with our existing commercial partners, the ICC and other Cricket Boards, and developing new partnerships as we move forward. These are highly exciting times in Pakistan cricket and I look forward to working very closely with my colleagues at the PCB so that we can collectively further enhance the image, reputation, and profile of this great institution.”