Dr Rajith Kumar is a well-known Indian public speaker who hails from Kerala. He participated in the game reality show Bigg Boss Malayalam 2 in 2020.
Dr Rajith Kumar was born in 1969 (age 50 years; as in 2020), Kizhuvilam, a village in Attingal, Kerala. He completed his schooling from Government Model Boys Higher Secondary School, Attingal, Kerala. Later, he joined Mar Ivanios College Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala to complete his B.Sc. in Botany. He then completed post-graduation from N. S. S. College, Pandalam, Kerala. He did Master of Philosophy (M. Phil) in Cytogenetics and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Microbiology. He holds a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree in Natural Science, a bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science (BLIS), a master’s degree (M.S) in Psychotherapy, and a diploma in Vedanta. Asianet News
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: White (now dyed black)
Family, Caste & Wife
Dr Rajith Kumar was born in a South-Indian family. In Bigg Boss Malayalam 2 (2020), he revealed, that he neglected his wife after she had a miscarriage.
He is working as a Botany professor at Sree Sankara College, Kalady. He is a public speaker, educational counsellor, writer, and social activist too.
He has written many books including:
- Thiricharivu: The Power of Discrimination
- Enne Vismayipicha Quran Sookthangal
- Srimad Bhagavad Gita Sandhesham
- Ennil Karunaniracha Bible
- Unaru Unaru
- Vijayathilkku 22 Padikal: Steps to Success
- Gita Mahathvam: Bhagavat Gitayile Shasthra Sathyangal
- Enne Njaniyakkunna Bhagavat Gita
- Shri Mahabhagavata Rahasyam
- Mahabharatacharitham: Ithihasa Rahasyangal
He has acted and directed many short films including ‘Daivathinte Naadu’ (2018) and ‘Amma’ (2019).
On 5 January 2020, he entered Bigg Boss Malayalam 2 house.
Dr Rajith Kumar is quite a controversial speaker. He is always in news for passing derogatory comments against women. In 2013, while having a conversation with the college students, he said,
Good children are born to those men and women who live their lives as men and women. But, when a woman degrades her womanhood and a man degrades his manhood, the girl child born to the couple will have the character of a man. The child that she eventually gives birth to, will be born transgender.”
After hearing such comment, one of the girls present at the event walked out in disgust. Later, he repeated the same statement while giving an interview to the news channel. The Government of Kerala has denounced him for passing the sexist comments publically. Outlook India
Awards & Honours
- 2010: Rashtra Sevana Prathibha Puraskar from Global Confederation of Pravasee Malayalees
- 2017: Dr Ambedkar Excellency Service National Award from Bharatiya Dalit Sahitya Akademi
- 2017: Samoohya Sevana Rathnam from Kerala Urban Development Council
- 2018: Gem of Kerala from Global Confederation of Pravasee Malayalees
- 2018: Gurushreshta Puraskaram from Vanitha Congress
- 2019: Shri. Vedavyasa Puraskaram from Bharatiya Dalit Sahitya Akademi
- He completed his Master’s degree with the first rank and passed his doctorate degree with a gold medal.
- He completely changed his look before entering the Bigg Boss house.
- He was the tenth contestant to enter the BB house. He has been making controversial comments in the Bigg Boss since his entry in the house.
- He is an ardent follower of Lord Shiva.
- He loves to play the harmonium.