Divya Khosla Kumar is an Indian actress, film director, and film producer. She is the wife of Bhushan Kumar, the chairman and managing director of T-Series.
Divya Khosla Kumar was born on Friday, 27 November 1981 (age 42 years; as of 2023) in Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
She attended Delhi’s Janki Devi Memorial College to pursue a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours). Times of India She was very good at studies in childhood. Her mother wanted her to study hard and become something in life. In childhood, her mother never allowed her to watch films. While talking about it in an interview, Divya said,
I hardly watched movies; I was very studious. That was my life in Delhi. My mother never really encouraged watching cinema also so much. We used to watch very limited movies.”
While she was in college, she started doing print advertisements. She was 18 years old at that time. At the age of 20, Divya moved to Mumbai from Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Parents & Siblings
Divya’s mother, Anita Khosla, was a teacher who died in July 2023, Hindustan Times and her father is a businessman who owned a small printing press in Delhi. Divya’s maternal grandfather was in the Indian Army.
Relationships, Husband & Children
Divya Khosla met Bhushan Kumar for the first time during the shooting of the film “Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyo” (2004). While Bhushan was amazed by her charm, Divya maintained a distance from him owing to his Casanova image in the industry. Soon, they exchanged their phone numbers for work purposes. The duo began chatting, and after a few days, Divya backed off. After Divya stopped replying to Bhushan’s texts, Bhushan sent his cousin, Ajay Kapoor, to Divya house in Delhi to find out why she was not replying to his messages. Later, Divya received messages from Bhushan (which he intended to send to Ajay but mistakenly sent them to Divya) saying, “What did she say? Did she say yes?.” The incident made Divya realise that Bhushan was serious for her. Thereafter, Bhushan invited Divya and her family to his sister’s wedding, where the two families met and discussed things further. She got married to Bhushan Kumar, son of Late Gulshan Kumar, in 2005 at Maa Vaishno Devi shrine, Katra. The couple has a son, Ruhaan.
Divya started her career by featuring in a music video titled ‘Honey Honey’ starring Salman Khan.
As an Actor
Divya started her acting career in 2004 with the Bollywood film “Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyo” in which she played the role of ‘Shweta Rajeev Singh.’ In the same year, she made her Tollywood debut with the film “Love Today.” Next, she featured in the songs “Akkad Bakkad” and “Humne Pee Rakkhi Hain” from the film “Sanam Re.” In 2017, Khosla played the title role in Ashish Panda’s short film “BulBul.”
As a Director
Divya made her directorial debut in 2014 with the college-romance film “Yaariyan.” Subsequently, she directed the romantic drama “Sanam Re.”
In 2003, Divya appeared in Abhijeet Bhattacharya’s pop song “Kabhi Yaadon Mein Aaun.” In the same year, she appeared in the song “Zid Na Karo Ye Dil Ka Mamla Hai” from the music album ‘Tera Mera Dil.’
In 2019, Khosla, along with Abhimanyu Tomar and Shivin Narang featured in Neha Kakkar’s song “Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi.”
As a Producer
In addition to acting and directing, Divya has also produced films. She made her debut as a producer in 2015 with the film “Roy” starring Ranbir Kapoor. Subsequently, she produced films like “Khandaani Shafakhana,” “Batla House,” and “Marjaavaan.”
Termed Sonu Nigam “Thankless”
Following the demise of Sushant Singh Rajput, Sonu Nigam posted videos on Instagram in which he made allegations against Bhushan Kumar for tarnishing his image and not giving chance to new talents in the industry. In reply, Divya Khosla also posted a video on Instagram in which she termed Sonu Nigam “thankless.”
- Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for her performance in the short film ‘Bulbul’ (2018)
- Iconic Women Award for “National Sensation of the Year” (2020)
- Lion Gold Award for “Best Performance in a Music Single” for the song ‘Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi’ (2020)
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award for “Style Diva of the Year” (2021)
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Holiday Destination: Bangkok
- Fashion Brand: Sabyasachi
- Filmmaker(s): Zoya Akhtar, Farah Khan, Meghna Gulzar
- Her hobbies include dancing, writing, and reading.
- Divya lived in a rented house in Delhi until she was in class 10.
- One of the first films that Divya watched in a theatre was “Hum Aapke Hain Koun” (1994).
- During her initial days in Mumbai, Divya used to travel by local trains, and she lived in a shared PG. She once told in an interview that she changed as many as seven PGs in one year.
- She always wanted to be a director and did a course in cinematography from Mumbai before directing her first film. Times of India
- Divya is a great dancer and has choreographed 5 songs from the film “Yaariyan” which includes “Baarish,” “Maa,” “Love Me Thoda Aur,” “Allah-Waariyan,” and “Zor Lagake.”
- In 2015, she featured on the cover of AsiaSpa Magazine.
- Divya draws inspiration from her mother and mother-in-law.
- In 2020, Divya suffered a wardrobe malfunction during the Lakme Fashion Week 2020. However, she handled the situation gracefully and completed her walk. Zoom
- Divya Khosla Kumar owns an Audi A8L.
- Divya is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.