Animesh Debbarma is an Indian politician. He is a leader of the TIPRA (The Indigenous Progressive Regional Alliance) Motha Party. Debbarma holds the position of Leader of the Opposition in the Tripura Legislative Assembly.
Animesh Debbarma was born on Monday, 19 January 1970 (age 53 years; as of 2023) in Purba Rajnagar village of the Khowai District, Tripura. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. Animesh graduated with a B.Tech. in CSE (Computer Science & Engineering) at the North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST) (Deemed University) in Arunachal Pradesh in 1994. MyNeta He served as an engineer at Indian Oil in Mumbai for several years and worked as a scientist at CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) in Nagpur for a brief period.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black (semi-bald)
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
He belongs to a Scheduled Tribe (ST) family in Tripura.
Parents & Siblings
Animesh’s father’s name is Rathindra Debbarma. There is not much known about his family.
Wife & Children
Animesh Debbarma’s wife, Alpana Debbarma, is a social worker.
Animesh Debbarma was formerly associated with the Indigenous Nationalist Party of Twipra (INPT). In the 2003 Tripura Legislative Assembly election, he contested on a ticket from INPT, emerging victorious against CPI(M) candidate Aghore Debbarma. In 2006, he established the National Conference of Tripura (NCT), a party formed with dissatisfied members from various groups such as the Twipra Students Union, the Tribal Youth Federation, the GMP of the CPIM party in Tripura, and leaders from INPT. In the 2013 state elections, the NCT failed to secure any seats. Nonetheless, on 14 March 2020, it merged back with the Indigenous Nationalist Party of Twipra (INPT). After merging his party back into INPT, Animesh briefly joined the Tipra Motha Party before the 2021 TTAADC (Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council) election. After successfully winning from the Kulai-Champahour (ST) constituency, he took up the role of Deputy Chief Executive Member in TTAADC, overseeing significant areas such as Tribal Welfare, Industries, and Agriculture. TheNortheastToday Animesh became a member of the Tripura Legislative Assembly by securing a victory in the 2023 election from the Ashrambari constituency on TMP’s ticket. He was later appointed the Leader of the Opposition in the assembly as the Tipra Motha Party became the official opposition party with 13 legislatures in the assembly. EastMojo
Assets & Properties
- Cash: Rs. 1,00,000
- Bank Deposits: Rs. 39,13,294
- Non-Agricultural Land: Rs. 85,00,000
- Animesh Debbarma’s hobbies include reading books, listening to classical music, and playing cricket and football. Tripura Legislative Assembly
Animesh Debbarma is popularly known as Animesh Babu.
- Animesh Debbarma advocates for a separate statehood of Greater Tipraland. He is of the opinion that Tiprasas needs more autonomy and financial and political empowerment. India Today
- Animesh Debbarma’s opinion on the Kokborok Subject issue is that the question paper should be written in Roman script as it is efficient for the students. Indian Express
- Animesh Debbarma helped the slum dwellers in Mumbai by providing his services towards their development. Tripura Legislative Assembly
- He worked in Bhuj, Gujarat to help those affected by the Earthquake in 2001. Tripura Legislative Assembly
- Animesh Debbarma distributed clothes and warm garments to the downtrodden people of Tripura. Tripura Legislative Assembly
- Animesh Debbarma holds health camps for poor people and started a dry ration distribution initiative during COVID-19. Tripura Legislative Assembly