Amish Tripathi is a recognized Indian author, he is known for his best writing books, shiva trilogy and Ram Chandra series.
Amish Tripathi born on 18th October 1974 (age 47; as of 2021) is a well known Indian author. Amish Tripathi was born in Mumbai, and he grew up in Rourkela near Odhisha. His books, Shiva Trilogy and Ram Chandra Series are the fastest-selling book series in Indian history. He is an alumnus of Cathedral & John Connon School St. Xavier’s College Mumbai and Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Famous Authors Later, he received an honorary doctorate degree from the Jharkhand Rai University in Art and Literature. He was an academically-focused child. Before turning as a writer, Amish worked as a banker for 14 years. In 2017 Amish launched his first non-fiction book, Immortal India, and in 2020, he launched his second non-fiction book, Decoding The Epics For a Meaningful Life. Around 5.5 million copies of his books have been sold in the Indian subcontinent since 2010 E Times
Amish comes from a middle-class religious family. His grandfather was Pundit in Kashi(Varanasi) who taught Physics and Mathematics at the Banaras Hindu University. Amish has one elder sister and two brothers. Amish and Ashish Tripathi are twin brothers.
His brother Anish Tripathi and Ashish Tripathi are the founders of Tzar Labs, promoted by the Tripathi family, which included Ashish and Anish along with father Late VK Tripathi. They claim to have come up with a simple blood test that can detect cancer at a very early stage.
Parents & Siblings
Amish’s father was Late Vijay Kumar Tripathi, who died on 6 July 2021. His mother’s name is Usha Tripathi. His father was a Chairman at Epigeneres Biotech Private Limited, Thane Maharashtra. His father made many inventions in the field of Biotech and Cancer diagnosis. Amish’s elder sister Bhavna Roy is the wife of late Himanshu Roy, who was an IPS officer and who committed suicide after a long battle with cancer. The Hindu Bhavna is an author, and she also worked as a volunteer in the school for special children in Malegaon and later in an NGO in Nashik. Amish’s brother Ashish Tripathi is the Chief Executive Officer at Tzar Labs, and he is also a former investment banker. Anish Tripathi and Ashish Tripathi are the Director and COO of Tzar Labs. Both Ashish Tripathi and Anish Tripathi, are the co-founders of the Tzar Labs that can detect cancer at a very early stage.
Wife & Children
Amish Tripathi’s wife Preeti Vyas is the chief executive officer at Amar Chitra Katha Private Limited, publishers of the iconic Amar Chitra Katha comics. She is also the founder of FunOKPlease publishing that creates contemporary Indian content for children. Amish and Preeti got separated in 2020. Hindustan Times
They have a son Neel Tripathi.
Amish worked in the financial service industry for fourteen years in various organizations including Standard Chartered Bank, IDBI Bank, and Development Bank of Singapore. His final stint was at IDBI Federal Life Insurance, where he worked as the National Head of Marketing, Product Development & Service Quality, and he was also a member of the Senior Management Committee. LinkedIn
Amish Tripathi started writing books in 2004. His first book, The Immortals of Meluha, was published in 2010. It took him almost 5 years to complete his first book. While writing his first two books, Amish continued his job as a banker. His first book, The Immortals of Meluha, was rejected by more than 20 publishers, so he self-published the book, and his book became a bestseller. Amish Tripathi released his first non-fiction book, Immortal India, in August 2017. His books were translated into 19 Indian and international languages.
- Amish was awarded Ustad Bismillah Khan Award (2018), for his contribution to Indian culture.
- Amish Tripathi was awarded the Kalinga International Literary Award 2018 in Bhubaneswar. This award recognizes his unique and exceptional contribution to Indian literature on the global stage.
- In 2018, Amish Tripathi was honoured with Jashn-e-Youngistan Award, by news24 for meaningful writing.
- In 2016, Amish Tripathi received Raymond Crossword Popular Fiction Award for his book, Scion of Ikshvaku.
- Amish was honored with the Distinguished Alumnus Award (2017) from IIM Calcutta.
- Amish received the Dainik Bhaskar Literature Award in 2016.
- In 2013, Amish received Society Young Achievers Award for literature.
- Amish Tripathi was awarded The Man of the Year by Radio City in 2013.
- Amish Tripathi was Listed among the Top-50 Most Powerful People by India Today in 2019.
- Amish was listed among the top 100 most influential celebrities in India by Forbes magazine in 2012 and 2013.
- The DNA newspaper in its eighth special anniversary listed Amish Tripathi as one of India’s new icons.
- Amish Tripathi for his immensely appreciable work got a chance to meet our Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Amish also presented copies of his books to the PM.
- Amish Tripathi met our honourable President Ram Nath Kovind on 26th March 2018 in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Sapiens A Brief History Of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
- Purifying the land of the pure: Pakistan’s Religious Minorities by Farahnaz Ispahani
- Urnabhih by Sumedha Ojha
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo’s
- According to Amish, While writing his first two books he continued his job as a banker but after the success of his second book, he left his job, and then he became a full-time writer.
- Amish is a music lover, while writing, his books he always listens to music. He was the lead singer of the Baro-C bank at IIM Calcutta.
- According to Amish, he reads around 4 to5 books a month.
- While writing his books, Amish enjoys munching cream biscuits of his Favourite bourbon and pineapple flavour.
- In United State, Amish Tripathi is represented by the Creative Artists Agency (CAA) that also represents stars such as Tom Cruise and George Clooney.
- According to Amish, During his job days, while commuting from office to home he used to write his book.
- Amish’s ideal role model is actor Aamir Khan..
- The trailer of his book, Sita- Warrior of Mithila, was launched by Bollywood celebrity Alia Bhatt.
- Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar launched Amish Tripathi’s book, Scion of Ikshvaku.