Vineeth is an Indian playback singer, actor, filmmaker, screenwriter, producer, lyricist, creative director, and dubbing artist. He predominantly works in the Malayalam film industry. He is known for being the son of the South Indian actor and screenwriter Sreenivasan.
Vineeth Sreenivasan was born on Tuesday, 1 October 1984 (age 39 years; as of 2023) in Kuthuparamba, Kerala. His zodiac sign is Libra.
He did his schooling at Rani Jai Higher Secondary School in Nirmalagiri, Kerala. Later, Vineeth Sreenivasan went to K C G College of Technology in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. India Times
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father, Sreenivasan, is an Indian actor, filmmaker, and producer. His mother’s name is Vimala Sreenivasan. His younger brother, Dhyan Sreenivasan, is an Indian actor and filmmaker.
Wife & Children
On 18 October 2012, Vineeth Sreenivasan got married to Divya Narayanan. The couple has a son named Vihaan Divya Vineeth, and a daughter named Shanaya Divya Vineeth.
Vineeth Sreenivasan was in a relationship with Divya Narayanan for eight years. They were dating each other from 30 March 2004 to 18 October 2012. Vineeth was her senior at KCG College of Technology in Chennai.
His uncle, M. Mohanan, is an Indian filmmaker.
In 2008, Vineeth Sreenivasan made his acting debut with the Malayalam film ‘Cycle’ as Roy.
In 2009, he appeared in the film ‘Makante Achan.’ In 2014, he was cast in the film ‘Padmasree Bharat Dr. Saroj Kumar’ as Shyam. In 2015, he appeared in the film ‘Kunjiramayanam’ as Kunjiraman. He then went on to appear in many Malayalam films such as ‘Oru Muthassi Gada’ (2016), ‘Aana Alaralodalaral’ (2017), ‘Naam’ (2018), Kunjeldho (2021), and ‘2018’ (2023).
In 2010, Vineeth Sreenivasan directed the film ‘Malarvaadi Arts Club.’ He then directed and scripted the film Thattathin Marayathu in 2012. He then went on to direct many Malayalam films such as Thira (2013), Jacobinte Swargarajyam (2016), Hridayam (2022), and Varshangalkku Shesham (2024).
In 2016, Vineeth Sreenivasan produced the film Aanandam, and in 2019, he produced the film Helen.
Vineeth Sreenivasan worked as a dubbing artist in the 2006 film ‘Note Book’ and lent his voice to Skanda Ashok. In 2008, he lent his voice to the character of Skanda Ashok in the film ‘Positive.’ He then worked as a dubbing artist in the film ‘Elektra’ and lent his voice to Skanda Ashok. In 2010, he lent his voice to Geevarghese Eappen in the film ‘Malarvadi Arts Club.’
In 2002, the song “Kasavinte Thattamittu” from the film “Kilichundan Mampazham” featured the collaborative vocals of Sujatha Mohan and Vineeth Sreenivasan. In 2004, he lent his voice to the song ‘Karale Karalinte’ in the film ‘Udayananu Tharam’ with co-singer Rimi Tomy. He then went on to sing many songs such as Maama Nee Mongathayya from the 2006 film Rasikan, Mambullikavil from the 2007 film Katha Parayumbol, Oorma Thirivil from the 2009 film Passenger, Doore Doore from the 2014 film Ormayundo Ee Mukham, Pon Thaarame from the 2019 film Helen, Parayathe Vannen from the 2022 film Bro Daddy, and Hey Nin Punchiri from the 2023 film Tholvi F.C.
He has been launching many music albums every year since 2007. These music albums include Coffee @ MG Road (2008), Violet (2008), La Cochin (2009), Anbe (2013), Pallathi (2018), and Adipoli – Tamil Independent Single (2021).
- AMMA Best Male Singer Award for the songs ‘Mampullikkavil’ and ‘Jillu Jillu.’
- Man Of The Year award and Popular Movie award for the film Thattathin Marayathu at Asiavision Awards.
- Socially Committed Movie award for the film Thira at Asiavision Awards.
- Best Male Playback Singer award for the film Om Shanti Oshana at Vanitha Film Awards
- Best Male Playback Singer (Malayalam) award for the film Om Shanti Oshana at the South Indian International Movie Awards.
- Best Star Pair (shared with Namitha Pramod) for the film Ormayundo Ee Mukham at Vanitha Film Awards.
- Best Playback Singer award for the film Premam at Asiavision Awards.
- All-rounder of the Year award at the Asianet Comedy Awards for various films.
- Youth Icon of the Year award at Asianet Film Awards for various films.
- Popular Singer award for the film Velipadinte Pusthakam at Asiavision Awards.
- Best Male Playback Singer (Malayalam) for the film Cappucino at the South Indian International Movie Awards.
- Best Supporting Actor (Male) award at Kerala Film Critics Association Awards for the film Thanneer Mathan Dinangal
- Best Star Pair (shared with Nikhila Vimal) award for the film Aravindante Athidhikal at Vanitha Film Awards.
- Vineeth Sreenivasan likes travelling to distant places in his leisure time.
- Once, in a media conversation, he shared that he avoids working in Tamil cinema to enjoy freedom. Vineeth Sreenivasan said,
In Chennai, I live in a place where no one recognizes me. So, I don’t miss a normal life. I did get offers to act in Tamil films. If I become successful in Tamil films, then I shall have a different image. Moreover, I shall lose my freedom as well.”
- He is a compassionate animal lover. He often shares pictures of his pet on social media.