Uma Harathi N secured 3rd rank in the 2022 UPSC IAS examination. She cleared the examination on her fifth attempt.
Uma Harathi N was born in 1995 (age 28 years; as of 2023) in Telangana, India. She belongs to the Nalgonda district in Telangana. She did her schooling at Narayana Junior College in Hyderabad. Later, she joined Sri Chaitanya School in Hyderabad then she studied at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavans Public School, BHEL, Hyderabad. From 2013 to 2018, she did B.Tech. in civil engineering at IIT Hyderabad. Facebook – Uma Harathi N While studying at IIT Hyderabad, she was a part of Elan & ηVision, an annual techno-cultural fest of the college.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her father, N. Venkateshwarlu, is a Superintendent of Police in the Narayanpet district of Telangana.
She is unmarried.
- Uma Harathi N is the topper in UPSC 2022 from Telangana.
- During her college days, she was chosen for a student exchange program in Japan and stayed there for 15 days.
- For UPSC 2022, she chose Anthropology as her option subject.
- In the UPSC 2022 examination, the top four positions were secured by girls; Ishita Kishore (AIR 1), Garima Lohia (AIR 2), and Smriti Mishra (AIR 4) were in the top four including Uma Harathi N at the 3rd position.
- In her leisure time, she likes to do yoga and make short videos on topics related to society.
- She is very passionate about cooking and likes to explore Indian cuisine.
- She cleared the UPSC examination on her fifth attempt. According to her, it was her father who kept her motivated to her to keep taking the exam until she cleared it. Her father, who is an IPS officer, told her that UPSC is a great platform to make a good career and do something meaningful for the country.
- Initially, she studied at a coaching institute in Delhi and later began to study by herself.
- After securing 3rd rank in UPSC 2022, in an interview, she said that her first preference is to work in women and the education area.
- In an interview, she shared her preparation process for the UPSC examination and what she learned from the experience of not clearing the examination in the first four attempts. She said,
Do not read too much. Just read as much as needed and practise a lot. This is a competitive exam and practice makes or breaks everything. So, practise a lot, and have your own strategy. This was my fifth attempt. This has been a long process and it was not easy. But it was a great journey. I learnt from my mistakes and discovered myself. Own up to the process, and understand the exam. Own up to the strategy, your failures, setbacks, and highs and lows. Just own up to everything, and that way, even if you don’t clear the exam, you’d be ready to face the world.”
- After getting 3rd rank in UPSC 2022 examination, she was felicitated by the Collector of Narayanpet, Koya Sri Harsha.
|↑1||Facebook – Uma Harathi N|