Garima Lohia is an Indian woman and a UPSC Civil Services 2022 topper who secured the AIR Rank 2.
Garima Lohia was born in 1999 (age 24 years; as of 2023) in Buxar, Bihar. She did her primary schooling at Woodstock School in Buxar. Thereafter, he attended Sunbeam School, Bhagwanpur in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. In 2017, she enrolled in Kirori Mal College, Delhi, where she pursued her graduation in accountancy. Live Cities Media Private Limited – YouTube Chahal Academy – YouTube She returned from Delhi to her hometown Buxar in 2020 during the Covid-19 pandemic. She started preparing for the Civil Services Examination amid the Covid-19 lockdown. Interestingly, she prepared for the examination via internet and other basic books and resources and did not join any coaching classes. However, she did take a mains test series. Live Cities Media Private Limited – YouTube She could not clear her prelims on the first attempt, but she succeeded on her second attempt scoring 1063 marks.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Manoj Kumar Lohia, was a wholesale dealer of garments in the Buxar district. He died due to a heart attack in 2015. Thereafter, her mother, Sunita Lohia, solely raised her four children. Her mother is a homemaker. Garima Lohia lives in a joint family consisting of 13 members, and her grandfather is the bread earner of the family. Garima has two sisters and a brother. Her elder sister is married in Jabalpur, while her younger brother, Varun Lohia, is a BCom student. One of her sisters’ names is Astha Lohia.
Husband & Children
She is unmarried.
- The UPSC CSE results were announced in May 2023 and the top four positions were secured by women with Ishita Kishore on AIR-1, Garima Lohia on AIR-2, Uma Harathi N on AIR-3, and Smriti Mishra on AIR-4.
- She can speak Marwari, Hindi, and English.
- In her free time, she likes listening to podcasts, mostly which talk about self-help and self-improvement.
- Once her essay on the topic of Women Empowerment was awarded the title of Best Essay by a UN Forum.
- Her optional in the UPSC exam was Commerce and Accountancy.