Mayur Hazarika is an Indian doctor. He secured the All India Rank 1 among men and 5th rank overall in UPSC 2022.
Mayur Ranjan Hazarika LinkedIn – Mayur Ranjan Hazarika was born in Assam, India. He belongs to Tezpur, Assam. He did his schooling at Don Bosco High School, Tezpur. Later, he studied at Ramanujan Junior College, Nagaon. He pursued MBBS at Gauhati Medical College and Hospital in Assam (2015-2019). LinkedIn – Mayur Ranjan Hazarika
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
His father, Krishna Hazarika, is an executive engineer at PWD.
In May 2021, he began to work as a medical officer at National Health Mission in Assam. During the COVID-19 pandemic in India, he led a COVID team as the doctor in charge.
- Sport: Football
- Sportsperson: Lionel Messi, Sunil Chhetri
- His Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality type is INTP (introverted, intuitive, thinking and perceiving).
- The first four ranks in UPSC 2022 were secured by girls; Ishita Kishore secured the first rank, Garima Lohia secured the second rank, the third position was secured by Uma Harathi N, and Smriti Mishra ranked 4th in the exam.
- In an interview, he shared that he desired to travel around the world.
- In his leisure time, he likes to solve Rubik’s cube.
- He likes to watch and play football and is a fan of the football club FC Barcelona aka Barça.
- For UPSC 2022 exam, he chose Anthropology as his optional subject.
- After securing 5th rank in UPSC 2022, in an interview, he said that his first preference is Indian Foreign Services.
- On 23 May 2023, he was felicitated by MLA Rupak Sarmah in the Nagaon district of Assam.