Swathi Satish is an Indian actor and anchor, who works in the Kannada film industry. She is known for her root canal treatment that went wrong due to which her face got swollen.
Swathi was born on Thursday, 19 August 1999 (age 23 years; as of 2022) in Bangalore, Karnataka. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-26-36
Swathi belongs to a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Sathish. She has a sister named Ramya Sathish.
Swathi belongs to the Karuba caste. Instagram- Swathi Satish
She debuted as an actress in the 2018 drama film ‘6 to 6,’ which was directed by S. Srinivas Shidlaghatta. She was featured in the 2022 Telugu film ‘FIR’ directed by Manu Anand.
After completing her studies, she decided to work as a news anchor and started working at A to Z news channel. Later, she joined Speed News Telugu.
Root Canal Went Wrong
On 28 May 2022, Swathi went through a root canal surgery in a private hospital named Oryx Dental Multispecialty Hospital in Bengaluru; however, the surgery went wrong, and it resulted in a swollen face. When the doctors were questioned over this unsuccessful surgery, their reply was very casual as they said that it was not a major complication, and she would get rid of her swollen face within a few days; however, Swathi’s face remained puffed even after twenty days of the surgery. According to sources, they injected salicylic acid into her body instead of anaesthetics. Swathi blamed the hospital for giving her the wrong treatment. Later, she shared a picture of her swollen face on social media, which went viral. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
When I consulted another dentist for a second opinion, this is what I found out. The dentist who did my root canal procedure first injected me with sodium hypochlorite at which point I screamed and started crying because it was extremely painful. Later, she injected anaesthesia. According to other doctors, it should’ve been done the other way around. The anaesthesia goes first and then the sodium hypochlorite.” Hindustan Times
- She is a supporter of the Indian National Congress. Instagram- Swathi Satish
- Her hobbies include dancing and travelling.
- Before TikTok was banned in India, Swathi remained very active on this social media app.
- She keeps her fans updated by regularly posting photos on social media from her photoshoots and of her anchoring in many events.
- She likes to do makeup and also works as a makeup artist. She has a separate Instagram page, Go beauty Makeovers, where she shares many posts related to makeup and beauty. Instagram- Go beauty Makeovers