Duniya Vijay is an Indian actor, director, and producer who works in the Kannada film industry. He is a popular action hero and is also called ‘Viji,’ ‘Black Cobra,’ ‘Kari Chirathe,’ and ‘Duniya Viji’ in Sandalwood (Kannada Cinema).
Duniya Vijay was born as ‘Vijay Kumar’ on Sunday, 20 January 1974 (age 45 years; as in 2019) in the Anekal Town of Karnataka. His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
Not much is known about his parents.
He has a sister named Ambuja.
He got married to Nagarathna Vijay in 1999.
He got divorced from his wife in 2013; following the differences between the couple. He got married to Keerthi Pattadi in 2016.
He has three children Monica, Monisha, and Samrat.
Duniya Vijay made his debut with the 2004 Kannada film “Ranga SSLC,” in which he played a small role.
He then acted in the films like “Jogi” (2004), and “Shree” (2006). The turning of his career came with the film “Duniya” (2007), in which he played the lead role of ‘Shivlingu aka Shivu.’
He did several blockbuster films such as Yuga (2007), Chanda (2007) and Geleya (2007), Avva (2008), Bheema Theeradalli (2012), Simhadri (2014), Jackson (2015), Dana Kayonu (2016), and Masti Gudi (2018), and Salaga (2019). In 2013, he founded his production house by the name ” Duniya Talkies.”
Vijay made his debut as a film producer with the film “Jayammana Maga,” which was produced under his banner “Duniya Talkies” in 2013.
Duniya Vijay made his directorial debut with the 2019 Kannada film “Salaga.”
- In 2007, he appeared in the films “Chanda” and “Yuga.” The director of “Chanda,” S Narayan, agreed to release “Chanda” after “Yuga” would be released. However, Narayan did not keep his promise and released “Chanda.” After which, Vijay refused to dub for his film. The matter was settled by KFCC (Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce) that imposed a year-long-ban on the actor. After the Karnataka Film Federation intervened, the ban on him was lifted. Rediff.com
- In 2013, Vijay filed for a divorce from his wife Nagarathna, claiming that his wife had been misbehaving with his mother. In response to this, Nagarathna alleged that Vijay had been in an extramarital affair with the actress Shubha Punja. Shubha, who found herself in the middle of the controversy, said that she did not know anything, and her name was being dragged unnecessarily. Times of India
- In 2016, during the shooting of an action sequence for the film “Maasthi Gudi,” two actors- Raghav Uday and Anil Verma drowned in the reservoir. A case was registered against the filmmakers including the producer Sundar P Gowda, who had failed to appear during the trials of the case and fleed. Vijay was arrested for helping the accused flee; as Gowda was staying in his home. Times of India
- In September 2018, Vijay was arrested for allegedly assaulting and kidnapping Maruti Gowda, a gym trainer and the nephew of Pani Puri Kitty. Prior to this, Duniya had filed a complaint against Gowda of threatening his son. The News Minute
- In October 2018, Vijay’s daughter from his first marriage, Monika, filed a case against Vijay, his second wife Keerthi, driver Mohammad, Hemanth, and Vinod; accusing them of abusing and assaulting her. Reportedly, Monica had gone to her father’s house with her mother to take their belongings, when the five assaulted her. She also claimed that they banged her head against the wall and threatened her. India Today
- In October 2018, Nagarathna beat Vijay’s second wife Keerthi at their home. After Nagarathna had beaten her up, she went to lodge a fake complaint; alleging Vijay of assaulting her. The police went to arrest Nagarathna after it was found through a CCTV footage of Vijay’s house that it was Keerthi who had been assaulted. However, when the police reached her house, Nagarathna had already fled by then. The Hindu
Awards & Achievements
- Filmfare Awards South- Kannada- Best Actor for the film “Duniya” in 2007
- Karnataka State Film Award for Best Actor for the film “Duniya” in 2007
- Actor: Rajkumar
- Philosopher: Swami Vivekanand
Duniya Vijay’s net worth is around Rs. 151 Crores (as of 2018). Firstpost
- He resides in the Kathriguppe block of Banashankari locality of South Bangalore.
- He likes travelling and gymming.
- He is the maternal uncle of the Kannada actor, Yogesh, who is also known as ‘Loose Maada.’
- He is a very religious person and often pays a visit to temples. Even during the shooting of one of his films, he went to Saundatti’s Yellamma Temple to pray to God.
- In 2018, he opened his gym called “Muscle 360.”
- He is a staunch follower of the spiritual leader and educator, Shivakumara Swami.
- In 2018, his son, Samrat made his debut as a child actor in the film “Kusthi.”
- Vijay is a fitness freak and goes to the gym regularly. He is also well versed in various martial arts.
References [ + ]