Ranjini Haridas is a South Indian actress who mainly appears in Malayalam films and TV shows. She is also one of the highest paid TV anchors in the Malayalam industry. She is now the part of the controversial reality TV show Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 1. Check out Ranjini Haridas Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Husband, Biography, Facts & More.
She was born on 23 April 1980 in Kochi, Kerala, India. Since childhood, she was interested in acting and modelling. She was noticed first after she won the title of Miss Kerala 2000. Ranjini gained more popularity as a host of the singing reality TV show, Star Singer that aired on Asianet. She hosted five seasons of that show. In Malayalam industry, she was highly criticised for her poor Malayalam accent and is called to be the Mother of Modern Malayalam.
She is a hardworking and most talented Indian girl who is approximately 5’ 2” tall and weighs around 55 kg. She has dark brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She was born into a middle-class Hindu family. Her father Haridasan was in an Indian Air Force and her mother Sujatha is a homemaker. She lost her father when she was just eight years old.
She was in a serious relationship with the film director, but due to some reason, they got separated. She is currently unmarried.
She did her schooling at The Choice School, Kochi, Kerala and graduation (Bachelor of Arts) in English Literature at St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam, Kerala. After graduation, she started working in an IT company in Bangalore. After two years of working, she left the job and went abroad for further studies and completed her master’s degree in Business Administration.
At the age of 6, she played her first role of a school kid in the Malayalam film Geetham. After completing studies, she returned to Kerala to join the Malayalam entertainment industry. In 2000, she won the title of Femina Miss Kerala. In 2007, Ranjini started hosting the Asianet’s famous TV show Star Singer for which she won the Asianet Television Award for Best Anchor.
In 2011, she made her first cameo appearance in the Malayalam film China Town. After that, she did four more Malayalam films such as Thalsamayam Oru Penkutty (2012), Entry (2013), What The F (WTF) (2013), and Otta Oruthiyum Shariyalla (2013).
In 2013, she judged the Malayalam reality TV show Sundari Niyum Sundaran Njanum. She also appeared as a guest at various TV shows like Comedy Stars Season 2, Comedy Super Nights, Badai Bungalow, Onnum Onnum Moonu, Ashwamedham, etc. She was also the player of Kerala Royals team in 2016 in the Celebrity Badminton League (CBL).
In 2018, she took part in the controversial reality show Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 1. She gets paid ₹80,000 per day to be in the Bigg Boss Malayalam house.
- In 2011, film actor Jagathy Sreekumar openly criticised Ranjini during the finale of singing reality show Star Singer for her alleged fake accent and for passing judgments to the contestants in spite of being a host.
- In 2013, Ranjini registered a complaint against the flight passenger, Binoy Cherian, alleging that he accused her at the Nedumbaserry Airport by using abusive language. After that whole incident, Kochurani, the wife of Binoy Cherian also filed a complaint against her.
- In 2014, V. K. Venkitachalam of Heritage Animal Task Force filed a complaint against actresses, Ranjini Haridas, and Nazriya Nazim at the Central Animal Welfare Board and the Forest Department claimed that they used the elephants of Forest Department for safari without taking permission of the Central Animal Welfare Board.
- In 2016, Ranjini Haridas and Santhosh Pandit voted as the most hated and trolled artists in Malayali social media related to entertainment fields.
- Red is her all-time favourite colour.
- She loves to eat Pizza.
- She likes to spend her free time writing poems or playing badminton.