Stephanie Styles is an American actress, singer, and dancer known for her work in the theatre plays, Kiss Me, Kate (2019), and Newsies (2014). She is also known for her roles of ‘Kate’ and ‘Autumn’ in the web series Bonding (2019) and Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (2020), respectively.
Stephanie Styles was born as ‘Stephanie Noel Styles’ on Monday, October 7, 1991 (age 28 years; as in 2019), in Houston, Texas. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
She studied acting at Humphreys School of Musical Theatre in Houston, Texas, and graduated summa cum laude from Episcopal High School in 2010; she won the Head of School Award from Headmaster of the school Ned Smith. She did a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre from the University of Michigan.
Height (approx.): 5′ 2″
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Blonde
Family & Ethnicity
She was born to John Styles, Jr. (Theatre and Film Producer) and Bridget Styles. She has a brother, John Henry.
Relationships & More
She came into a relationship with the American actor Casey Cott in 2015, and they both are reported to have separated in 2019.
She is often seen in pictures on her Instagram account with a man who is suspected to be her boyfriend.
She is the godmother of a girl, Penelope.
At the age of 6, she gave her first on-stage performance in the play Scrooge at TUTS. Years later, in 2003, she starred in the musical, The Sound of Music in the role of ‘Louisa von Trapp.’ In 2014, she was cast as ‘Katherine Plumber’ in Disney’s first North American Tour of the musical, Newsies; in 2015, she left the tour.
She has acted in the plays, The Little Prince (2005), The Secret Garden (2006), Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson (2012), Kingdom Come (2016), Roman Holiday (2017), Kiss Me, Kate (2019), The Secret Garden, Into the Woods, and Oliver!. In 2015, she made her film debut in the role of a ‘Nurse’ in The Submarine Kid.
She has also acted in the films, Three Rivers (2018), Booksmart (2019), and Bombshell (2019). Stephanie made her TV debut with the 2018 series, Glimpse as ‘Evelyn’ in the episode ‘Circuits.’
In the same year, she appeared in the web series American Wendal and went on to appear as ‘Kate’ and ‘Autumn’ in the web series Bonding (2019) and Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (2020), respectively.
Awards & Achievements
- Theatre World Awards for Outstanding Broadway or Off-Broadway Debut Performance for ‘Kiss Me, Kate’ in 2019
- Broadway.com Audience Awards for Favorite Breakthrough Performance (Female) for ‘Kiss Me, Kate’ in 2019
- Top 3 finalist for the National High School Musical Theatre Award in 2010
- Tommy Tune Award for Best Leading Actress for her role as ‘Janet van de Graaff ‘ in The Drowsy Chaperone in 2010
- Musicals: ‘Cabaret’ by Joe Masteroff, ‘Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street’ by Patrick Quentin and Stephen Sondheim, ‘The Phantom of the Opera’ by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Richard Stilgoe, ‘Bat Boy: The Musical’ by Brian Flemming and Keythe Farley, ‘Starlight Express’ by Richard Stilgoe
- Theatre Director: Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Film: Cats (2019)
- Actresses: Kristin Chenoweth, Annaleigh Ashford, Kerry Butler, Jane Krakowski, Katie Finneran
- Fictional Characters: Arya, Daenerys, Margaery Tyrell, Belle, Rapunzel, Thumbelina
- Stephanie likes traveling, reading, singing, and watching movies and television shows.
- Her interest in the theatre began at the age of four when her parents took her to watch the play, The Phantom of the Opera. Talking about it, she said,
That’s not normally how this works, but we’ll see what we can do.” So I went two nights in a row, and the second day, I brought the Phantom a Beanie Baby — a ghost — because he’s the opera ghost. My mom was like, “I don’t know how we get the Phantom this Beanie Baby.” [But after the show], this man — his name was Brad Little — after playing the Phantom, took me and my parents backstage for an hour. He took me in the boat, showed me the prosthetics, all the mirror work, all the costumes. That night, my mom was like, “Hey, you know how you take, like, swim lessons? We can take, like, this lessons.”
- In 2010, she won the regional English-Speaking Union Shakespeare Competition and advanced to National Finals, performing at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City.
- She is a huge fan of Disney movies and is also a charter member of D23, the official Disney fan club.
- She is an avid dog lover and owns a dog, Sadie.