Shristi Shrestha is a renowned Nepali actress and model. In 2012, she was the winner of Miss Chitwan and Miss Nepal World. At Miss World 2012, she was the quarter-finalist, and she was among the top 10 Dancers in the same event. In 2012, she was one of the top ten contestants of the Beach Beauty Miss World. She was the recipient of the top ten ‘Multimedia Award’ in Miss Nepal 2012.
Shristi Shrestha was born on Tuesday, 18 October 1988 (age 33 years; as of 2021) in Narayangarh, Chitwan, Nepal. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She earned a B.Sc. degree in Nursing from the United Nations.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
Her parents’ names are not known.
She has two brothers named Saikash Shrestha and Nitesh.
Shristi Shrestha is in a relationship with Nepali actor and film producer Saugat Malla since 2016.
Miss Nepal Title
In 2012, she won the Miss Nepal title while representing her hometown Chitwan. In the same year, she also represented the Miss Beauty pageant as Miss Chitwan. During the same event, she won the Miss Confidence title. Shristi Shrestha is regarded as the first Miss Nepal who represented Nepal in Miss World in the quarter-finals at 20th position, and she also achieved the 8th position in the Beach Beauty Contest. During the same time, she was among the 10 contestants to win the Multimedia Award. She was also the recipient of the ‘Public Choice award’ amid the Miss World Pageant in 2012. At the same event, she was among the top ten dancers in the Miss World competition.
In 2016, she made her acting debut in the movie Gajalu opposite Nepali actor Anmol K.C. Soon, she made her theatre appearance in the drama show titled ‘Shakespeare’s Hamlet’ that was organised by the British Council, and the drama was directed by Gregory Thomson. Shristi Shrestha played the role of Ophelia in the show. In the Theatre Village in Kathmandu, this show was telecasted for a month. In 2018, she appeared in the movie Romeo and Muna opposite Nepali actor Vinay Shrestha. In the same year, her movie named ‘Bandha Mayale’ was released, and her opposite co-star in the movie was Aaryan Adhikari.
In 2015, she appeared as a model in the song Kabhi Jo Baadal Barse (Unplugged) from the Indian film Jackpot. This song was sung by Indian singer Arijit Singh. In the same year, she appeared in the Nepali music video ‘Sadhai Sadhai’ that was sung by Nepali singer Devika Bandhana.
- Politician: Baburam Bhattarai
- Actor: Saugat Malla, Bipin Karki
- Actress: Menuka Pradhan
- Singer (Male): Bipul Chettri, Sajjan Raj Baidhya
- Singer (Female): Anju Pant
- Author: Satyaguru
- Festival: Dashain
- Shristi Shrestha is often featured by several magazines and tabloids on their cover page. She is one of the Nepali actresses who were featured by a renowned magazine Vogue on its cover page, and she also got the chance to walk for the Lakme Fashion Week in India.
- Shristi is a Nepali film actress who won several awards and honours including National Film Award, Kamana Film Award, and Dcine Award.
- In May 2012, a major fire uprooted the homes of the poor people at Auraha, Siraha, Nepal. After the incident, Shristi took the initiative to help these people. She collected the relief donations herself under the campaign ‘Beauty with Purpose.’
- In an interview with a media house, Shristi revealed the inspiration for her life and career. She claimed that one could be inspired by anyone like people, animals and trees. She narrated,
I believe you can be inspired by anyone. Personally, I am inspired by people, animals, and even trees – especially white trees. I was just having this conversation the other day about the things one can learn from a tree. Trees have been there a lot longer than us and always provide us with shade, never asking for anything in return. I absolutely agree with the fact that trees can live without us but we cannot live without trees.”
- The Young Conservation in WWF Nepal chose Shristi as their seventh ambassador in 2020. In the same year, she was seen promoting the SSnow Leopard conservation projects at WWF Nepal. Friday Weekly
- Shristi Shrestha worked as a waiter in a cafe in the UK at the age of 19. Later, she worked as a model in the United Kingdom before participating in the 2012 Miss Nepal Pageant.
- Shristi can speak English, Spanish, Nepali, and Dutch languages fluently.
- Shrishti is a compassionate animal lover. She has often been spotted while feeding the street dogs.
- Shristi Shrestha has walked the ramps at various fashion events and shows.
- Shristi Shrestha adores dancing rather than going to a gym to keep herself in shape.
- Shristi is a yoga enthusiast, and she often posts her pictures on her social media account while doing yoga at home.
- Several commercial products and fashion brands are often endorsed by Shristi Shrestha on her social media account.