Shagufta Ejaz is a Pakistani actress known for her work in Urdu television dramas. In 2023, she appeared as a guest in the celebrity talk show ‘Hasna Mana Hai,’ which aired on Geo TV.
Shagufta Ejaz was born on Wednesday, 5 May 1971 (age 52 years; as of 2023) in Kunjah, District Gujrat, Punjab, Pakistan. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She studied at the University of Karachi. Facebook – Shagufta Ejaz
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about her parents.
She has two brothers and an elder sister named Roohi, who has died.
Husband & Children
Shagufta Ejaz is married to Yahya Siddiqui. It was the second marriage of Shagufta Ejaz as well as of Yahya Siddiqui. The couple together has two daughters named Nabiha Ali Siddiqui and Emaan Ali Siddiqui. Shagufta has two daughters from her first marriage, whose names are Haya Ali Siddiqui and Anya Ali Siddiqui. She also has two step-sons named Hasan Siddiqui and Shahbaz Siddiqui.
Shagufta Ejaz met Yahya Siddiqui on the set of a TV show, which was produced by Yahya Siddiqui. Soon they started dating each other. In an interview, she revealed that Yahya Siddiqui took two years to convince her to get married to him. While talking about this in the interview, she said,
Though I was sceptical about it initially, he was determined to convince me and stood by his commitment. It took him two years to convince me and with his commitment I finally accepted his proposal after that.”
She follows Islam.
Shagufta Ejaz made her television debut with the show ‘Jangloos’ (1989) in which she played the role of Jamila.
She rose to fame after she played the role of Ulfat in the TV show ‘Aanch’ (1992), which aired on PTV.
In 2000, she appeared in the TV show ‘Aansoo’ in which she played the role of Sadia. Her performance as Surraya in the TV show ‘Hari Hari Churiyan’ (2017) received immense appreciation from the audience. In 2022, she played the role of Dr Salma in the TV show ‘Chaudhry and Sons,’ which aired on Har Pal Geo.
In 2023, she appeared as a guest on the celebrity talk show ‘Hasna Mana Hai,’ hosted by Tabish Hashmi.
She has acted in various Pakistani dramas including ‘Angar Wadi’ (1994), ‘Makan’ (2006), ‘Meray Qatil Meray Dildar’ (2011), ‘Silsilay’ (2018), and ‘Bebasi’ (2021).
- In 2013, she won the Best Supporting Actress Award for her performance in the TV show ‘Mere Qatil Mere Dildar’ (2011) at Hum Awards.
- Shagufta started her career as a model at the age of 16, before entering the television and film industry.
- Apart from working as an actor, she has also worked as an air hostess.
- In an interview, she revealed that she belongs to a conservative family and was not allowed to pursue a career in the showbiz industry. In the same interview, she revealed that she went on a hunger strike to convince her parents to allow her to work in the showbiz industry.
- In 2016, an incident took place involving Hina Khan, the wife of a NAB official, and Shagufta Ejaz’s daughter Haya Ali at Ejaz’s salon in Karachi. The incident occurred when Hina Khan claimed that she forgot her gold chain at Ejaz’s salon; however, the actress asserted that according to the salon’s policies, the staff members and the establishment were not responsible for any loss of the client’s personal belongings. The argument later took the form of an ugly fight after Hina Khan started physically assaulting the staff members. She also called some policemen to the site who also started beating the staff members without any warrant. The Express Tribune
- In 2021, she created her own YouTube channel named ‘Shagufta Ejaz,’ where she shares her vlogs and makeup tutorial videos.
- In 2023, the actress revealed her age in the chat show ‘Hasna Mana Hai.’ In the show, she revealed that the information available on the internet about her is false. She said that according to the internet, her age is around 63 years; whereas, her actual age is 52. She further added that the internet says that she has worked in a few films, but she has not actually worked in the film industry.