Sangeeta Mahavir Phogat is an Indian wrestler who competes in the 59 kg freestyle category. She is the younger sister of the famous wrestlers, Geeta Phogat and Babita Phogat. Sangeeta is a silver medalist at the National Championships.
Wiki/Biography & Career
Sangeeta Phogat was born on Thursday, 5 March 1998 (age 21 years; as in 2019) in Balali, Haryana. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. Being born into a family of wrestlers, Sangeeta, developed a deep interest in wrestling at a very young age. She received her formal training in wrestling from her father, Mahavir Singh Phogat, along with her sisters, Geeta, Babita, and Ritu.
She competes in the 59 kg freestyle category. She started her career with the Pro Wrestling League where she represented the Delhi Sultans. She fought against Vanesa Kaladzinskaya of UP Dangal (who was a reigning world champion and much senior to Sangeeta) and defeated her by 7-4 in the contest. Although Asian Games campaign was a disappointing affair for Sangeeta, she learnt a lot from the event.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Sangeeta Phogat belongs to a Hindu Jat Family. Her father, Mahavir Singh Phogat, is a wrestler. Her mother’s name is Daya Shobha Kaur. She has 3 elder sisters, Geeta Phogat, Babita Phogat, and Ritu Phogat and a younger brother Dushyant Phogat. All her sisters are wrestlers. She was very close to her grandmother, Aana Devi.
Sangeeta is alleged to be dating the popular wrestler, Bajrang Punia.
- Food: Churma
- Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Colours: Blue, White
- Travel Destination: Kashmir
- Her hobbies include travelling, gymming, and doing yoga.
- In May 2018, Sangeeta and her sisters, Geeta, Babita, and Ritu, were expelled from the Lucknow’s National Camp due to their unexplained absence from the camp.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly.
- Sangeeta is rumoured to tie a knot with her boyfriend, Bajrang Punia, soon after the completion of the Tokyo Olympics.
- Her father, Mahavir Singh, revealed in an interview that he is very happy with her daughter’s decision of marrying Bajrang Punia.