Roya Faryabi is an Afghan-origin German engineer. She is the third wife of popular singer Adnan Sami Khan.
Roya Faryabi, aka Roya Sami Khan, was born on 16 September in Munich, Germany. Instagram – Adnan Sami Khan Her zodiac sign is Virgo. In 2006, she graduated from Orta Doğu Teknik Üniversitesi (Middle East Technical University) in Ankara, Turkey. LinkedIn – Roya Faryabi
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Medium Ash Blonde (with Medium Blonde highlights)
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 32-28-32
She belongs to an Afghan family in Germany.
Parents & Siblings
Roya’s father, Iftikhar Fariyabi, was a retired diplomat and army general. Her parents are no more.
She has four sisters named Friba Faryabi, Nadjila Faryabi, Hassin Faryabi, and Selina Faryabi. Her sister Selina Faryabi is a Canada-based realtor, and her sister Hassin Faryabi attended Rabia-e Balkhi High School in Kabul.
Husband & Children
On 29 January 2010, Roya Faryabi got married to Adnan Sami Khan, a renowned Indian music composer and director and a Padma Shri awardee. He first met Roya in India during her visit in 2010 and proposed to her after some time. On 10 May 2017, the couple welcomed a daughter and named her Medina Sami Khan.
She follows Islam.
From October 1999 to January 2008, Roya worked at Telefónica Germany GmbH & Co. OHG, a mobile telecommunication company, in Munich. There, she handled several positions including international roaming engineer, IR specialist, and product manager. She was a member of the GSM Association IREG group and represented the company as a delegate at several conferences. In 2001, she became the chairman of the Signaling Working Group in GSMA. In 2009, she became a project manager at Tekelec, a telecommunication company. LinkedIn – Roya Faryabi
In 2010, Adnan and Roya were living in an apartment in Oberoi Skyheights at Lokhandwala Complex, which technically belonged to Adnan’s second wife, Sabah, since the lavish flat was purchased with her money. Sabah Galadari discovered Roya was residing there when she went to check on her pet dogs, who Adnan still cares for. As a result, the Family Court has ordered Roya not to stay there. Following another complaint Sabah made against Adnan under the Protection of Women From Domestic Violence Act, the court issued a restraining order. The Times of India In an interview, while talking about this situation, Roya said,
I’ve been taught by my parents that wherever my husband stays is where I belong.”
While defending his wife, Adnan challenged the Family Court order and said,
No one can ask any wife to leave her husband’s home. How would Sabah have liked it if my first wife Zeba Bakhtiar asked her to leave.”
- She has a black belt in Taekwondo, while her sisters are trained in Karate.
- Her favourite singer is Asha Bhosle.
- Roya revealed in an interview that she is fluent in nine languages including German, Pashto, English, Türkçe, Urdu, Punjabi, Czech, and Hindi.
- Along with consuming non-vegetarian food, Roya also likes to cook meat-based food.
- Roya is a travel enthusiast and often shares photos and videos from her trips on social media.
- Roya said in an interview that she bought Adnan Sami’s music CD from an Indian store in Germany in 1993 and listened to every song and ended up fangirling over him.
- She went to see Adnan Sami perform in 2005, and after seeing how much weight he had gained, she prayed to Allah, requesting to be Adnan’s beloved and pledging to take care of him.
- In 2012, Roya became a muse in Adnan Sami’s song ‘Roya.’