Nisith Pramanik is an Indian politician who is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He is popularly known as the youngest cabinet minister to be sworn in Narendra Modi’s Council of Ministers.
Nisith Pramanik was born on Friday, 17 January 1986 (age 35 years; as of 2021), in Dinhata, Cooch Behar, West Bengal. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. According to the affidavits given by Nisith Pramanik, he has completed his secondary education from Bhetaguri Lal Bahadur Shastri Vidyapith, Bhetaguri, Cooch Behar.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Eye Color: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Nisith Pramanik’s father’s name is Bidhu Bhushan Pramanik, and his mother’s name is Chhanda Pramanik.
Wife & Children
Nisith Pramanik got married to Priyanka Pramanik. They have two sons from the marriage.
Nisith Pramanik started his political journey in 2019 by joining the All India Trinamool Congress (TMC) party in 2018 where he was appointed as the TMC Youth Wing leader. He was expelled from the party in 2018, and after this, he decided to join BJP before the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. Pramanik conducted the 2019 Lok Sabha elections and he won the seat with a good margin. In May 2021, Nisith served as the West Bengal Legislative Assembly-member from the Dinhata constituency for ten days. In July 2021, Nisith Pramanik was a part of the central government’s cabinet expansion-cum-reshuffle. He was sworn in as a Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs and Minister of State in the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. He took the oath on 7 July 2021.
— ANI (@ANI) July 7, 2021
- During the Lok Sabha election affidavit submission, Nisith Pramanik claimed that he has almost eleven pending criminal cases against him. The cases mentioned by him in the affidavit included cases related to murder, the outrage of modesty of women, two cases of inciting riots with the help of weapons, and three other cases of criminal intimidation.
- Nisith Pramanik found himself in the middle of a controversy when his Lok Sabha election affidavits were made public. According to his assembly election affidavit, he has mentioned that the highest level of education achieved by him is the secondary examination, whereas, the affidavit on the Lok Sabha website states that he has completed his Bachelor’s in Computer Applications from Balakura Junior Basic School. In response to this former TMC MLA Udayan Guha raised the question and said-
In March, his highest educational qualification was to have appeared in the secondary exam – he did not clarify in his affidavit if he passed the exam. And now, in July, he has a bachelor’s degree! How can one have a bachelor’s degree without having passed the higher secondary exam?”
Guha also added that the institution for his bachelor’s degree is a non-descript junior school that taught students up to Class 5. All the BJP officials from West Bengal avoided answering this question and said that the best person to ask this question is Nisith Pramanik.
Nisith Pramanik lives at 404, Bango Bhavan, Chankyapuri, New Delhi-110021.
- Deposits in banks and other financial institutions: Rs. 1.03 lakhs
- Cash: Rs. 2.90 lakhs
- LIC or other policies: Rs. 42.5 lakhs
- Jewelry: Rs. 4.86 lakhs
- Non-Agricultural Land: Rs. 27 lakhs
- Residential Buildings: Rs. 18 lakhs
- Nisith Pramanik became the youngest minister in the Union Cabinet at the age of 35.
- Before becoming a politician, Nisith was working as a primary school teacher at Balakura Junior Basic School, Cooch Behar.
- Nisith was a dedicated worker for the BJP party and his efforts were noticed by several senior BJP officials when he defeated a TMC candidate and won the Lok Shabha elections with a difference of 54,000 votes.
- When Nisith was expelled from TMC in 2018, he gathered over 300 independent candidates and contested elections against TMC candidates. After the result, some of the independent candidates won the elections and Nisith was invited to Delhi to talk to the BJP officials. On 28 February 2019, Nisith joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- During his free time, Nisith loves playing football and listening to music with his family and friends. He is also a cricket fan and he loves playing with his sons. Nisith is also an amateur sketch artist, and he made a sketch of Narendra Modi and posted a video on his Facebook page. Facebook