Jemimah Rodrigues is an Indian cricketer who is an allrounder for Mumbai’s women’s cricket team. She is also a part of the Indian Women’s Cricket team. Jemimah started playing cricket at a very young age and she played her first match at the age of thirteen when she was selected for the Maharashtra U-19 cricket team.
Jemimah Rodrigues was born on Tuesday, 5 September 2000 (age 22 years; as of 2022) in Bhandup, Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She completed her schooling at St. Joseph’s Convent High School, Mumbai, and then pursued her B.Com from Rizvi College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Mumbai. Jemimah Rodrigues liked playing cricket and hockey since childhood. Jemimah scored 202 runs in 163 balls against the Saurashtra team in November 2017 in Aurangabad. She became the second woman to score a double century in a 50-over cricket match, the first being Smriti Mandhana.
Hair Colour: Black
Eyes Colour: Black
Jemimah Rodrigues was selected for the Under-19 state cricket team where she played for Maharashtra. After playing for the state, Jemimah was selected for the Indian squad for a three-match ODI series against South Africa in 2018. She made her Women’s Twenty20 International cricket debut for the Indian Women’s team against South Africa in February 2018. In October 2018, she became a part of the Indian women’s team for the 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty20 tournament in West Indies. Post-tournament, International Cricket Council (ICC) named her the standout player of the team. In October 2018, Rodrigues was signed by a sports marketing company called Baseline Ventures to handle her commercial interests. In January 2020, Jemimah was listed as a part of the Indian team for the 2020 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup.
In February 2023, in the inaugural WPL auction, Delhi Capitals bought her for Rs 2.2 crore. Sportstar
Family & Caste
Jemimah Rodrigues was born into a Christian family. Her father, Ivan Rodrigues is her coach and he has been teaching her since childhood. Her mother’s name is Lavita Rodrigues and she has two brothers, Enoch Rodrigues and Eli Rodrigues.
- Jemimah loved playing hockey and cricket in school and before being a part of the state cricket team, she was selected for U-17 and U-19 Maharashtra hockey teams. Her father gave her an option to choose one sport and Jemimah chose cricket.
- Before scoring the double century, Jemimah scored 178 runs off 142 balls in a match against the Gujarat team during an Under-19 tournament.
- In her leisure time, Jemimah likes to play guitar and sing songs. She often posts videos of herself singing and playing guitar on her Instagram.
- Jemimah is known for her social media presence and in one incident, Jemimah gave a witty reply to a Twitter user when he asked her if she was seeing anyone.
After this match? I'm definitely seeing a bright future for Women's Cricket!#WIPL #womenscricket #ipl #WomensT20Challenge https://t.co/JVQ9P80UFT
— Jemimah Rodrigues (@JemiRodrigues) May 11, 2019
- Jemimah played with Yorkshire Diamonds in Leeds, Yorkshire during the Kia Super League. She scored 401 runs during the league and became the second-highest scoring player after Danielle Wyatt. She also scored a century against Southern Vipers in 51 balls making it the fastest century in the league.
- Jemimah has a dog named Theo. The dog belongs to the Boxer breed. Jemimah is often seen playing with him on her social media posts. A video of her playing hockey with his dog is viral on social media and it shows her skills in hockey as well.
A lil' bit of #hockey on my day off with Theo, the 'Goodest Boy' in town! 🐶 #WhoLetTheDogsOut #dayoff pic.twitter.com/YQm7L42Cr1
— Jemimah Rodrigues (@JemiRodrigues) May 18, 2019