Jatin Kishore is the second topper of the UPSC Civil Services Examination (CSE) 2019.
Jatin Kishore was born on Friday, 22 July 1994 (age 26 years; as in 2020) in Palwal, Haryana and shifted to Delhi after completing 8th class. His zodiac sign is Cancer. Jatin Kishore started preparing for the UPSC Civil Services Examination (CSE) after completing his post-graduation.
Family & Caste
Jatin comes from a well-to-do family.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Lalit Kishore is a government employee in the Income Tax Department, while his mother is a teacher. Not much information is available about his family.
- Jatin loves watching science fiction and reading books.
- He failed to clear the UPSC CSE prelims in his first attempt but finished as the second topper by securing AIR 2nd in his second attempt. He prepared for the second attempt while doing a job.
- During his career as an IAS officer, Jatin would like to work for the environment and education sector. He said,
The IAS is a wonderful platform to serve and contribute to improving society in general. Depending on the district I am posted in, I will address the challenges. However, in general, I would like to focus on education as it forms the base of life”
- Jatin credits his success to his family, teachers, and friends. Particularly in his family, Jatin attributes his accomplishment to his mother.
- Jatin Kishore attended Rau’s IAS Study Circle coaching in Connaught Place, New Delhi, for the preparation of UPSC Civil Services Examination. Here is a video of the mock interview which Jatin gave to the Rau’s IAS Interview panel: