Divyanshi Jain is the topper of the CBSE 12th Examination 2020 who scored a perfect 100% marks after the results were declared on Monday, 13 July 2020.
Divyanshi Jain was born in 2002 (age 18 years; as of 2020) Hindustan Times in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Since her primary schooling, Divyanshi was excellent at studies and has always been a topper. She attended the Navyuga Radiance Senior Secondary School in Rajendra Nagar, Lucknow. After scoring a perfect 100 in the CBSE 12th Examination, Divyanshi Jain became a household name.
Divyanshi Jain’s father, Prakash Jain, runs a general store in Ganeshgunj, Lucknow, and her mother, Seema Jain, is a homemaker. Divyanshi is the second child of her parents. Her elder sister’s name is Shreyanshi. Hindustan Times
- English: 100
- Sanskrit: 100
- Geography: 100
- Economics: 100
- Insurance: 100
- History: 100
- Although the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) decided not to release the merit list for class 12 examinations 2020 due to special circumstances amid the COVID-19, Divyanshi Jain, after scoring a perfect 100, was touted as the topper in the popular media. The Free Press Journal
- Divyanshi scored 600 out of 600 marks in the CBSE class 12 board exams, and she didn’t lose a single mark in any of her six subjects, i.e., English, Sanskrit, Geography, Economics, Insurance, and History.
- After the results were declared by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on 13 July 2020, the jubilant Divyanshi said,
This is unbelievable. I am elated and surprised at the same time.”
- Except for Geography, Divynashi appeared for the exam of all subjects. The Geography paper had been cancelled due to the COVID-19. Hindustan Times
- While giving the credit for her success to her parents and teachers, Divyanshi Jain said,
My teachers guided me throughout the year and I was able to follow a systematic routine due to my parents. Both these factors allowed me to concentrate on my studies and score good marks.”
- While talking about her strategy to get herself prepared for the exams, she said,
I also made it a point to focus on revision and mock tests that helped me to score better.”
- Divyanshi Jain is a history buff, and she wants to pursue the subject in her higher studies. While talking about it, she said,
I want to study history further. I have applied for admissions in BA (H) History at Delhi University.”
- In her statement on Divyanshi’s success, the CBSE Regional Officer (RO) Shweta Arora said,
Divyanshi got maximum marks in the Prayagraj region. She appeared in five out of six exams.”
- Elated on Divyanshi’s success, the principal of her school, B Singh said,
I am amazed at Divyanshi’s achievement. We were confident that the she will top but the marks she got are beyond our expectations.”
- The manager of her school, Sudhir Halwasia also expressed his elation on Divyanshi’s success and said,
I am amazed at Divyanshi’s achievement. She has done us proud.”
- Diyanshi Jain’s parents and her elder sister also expressed their joy over Divyanshi’s success.