Anuj Singhal is an Indian journalist and managing editor of Consumer News and Business Channel Awaaz (CNBC Awaaz), a Hindi Business News channel. He is the former Deputy Executive Editor and Stocks Editor of CNBC TV18.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 74 kg
Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His mother’s name is Meenakshi Singhal. He has two brothers, Arun, and Varinder, and a younger sister named Preeti Lal.
Wife & Children
In December 2008, he got married to Kanupriya Singhal. The couple has two daughters, Avni, and Ananya.
He follows Hinduism.
Consumer News and Business Channel TV18 (CNBC TV18)
In February 2003, he joined the Consumer News and Business Channel TV18 (CNBC TV18) in Mumbai as a Deputy Executive Editor and Stocks Editor. He later served as an anchor for the two most important prime-time shows on the channel, Bazaar and Closing Bell. He worked for the channel till October 2022.
On 22 August 2011, Anuj Singhal joined Bloomberg UTV, India’s premier business news channel, as a Stocks Editor. While working for Bloomberg UTV, Anuj Singhal wrote some blogs including one titled ‘The Spotlight with Anuj Singhal’ where he wrote about individual stocks and market trends. He, moreover, covered trading updates of Futures and Options (F&O) markets. Best Media Info
Consumer News and Business Channel Awaaz (CNBC Awaaz)
In October 2022, he joined the Consumer News and Business Channel Awaaz (CNBC Awaaz), a Hindi Business News channel, as Managing Editor in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He hosts and produces many flagship shows that cover topics like economy, politics, business, and social issues like Awaaz Samachar, Awaaz Adda, and Awaaz Special. Adgully
- Anuj Singhal is a sports lover. He supports the Indian Cricket team. He is a great fan of Roger Federer, a former Swiss tennis player. Anuj is a big follower of the Manchester United Football team.
- Anuj likes to travel a lot and has visited several exciting places like Maldives and Singapore with his family. He often posts his travel pictures on his social media accounts.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and hits the gym regularly. In 2023, he lost 13 kg weight.
- He is an animal lover and has two Shih Tzu dogs named Cookie, and Bella as pets. He also has a Persian cat.
- On his social media, he once posted a picture with Surender Sharma, a legendary stand-up comedian, and called him his childhood hero.
- He is known as the ‘Nifty magician’ for his big stock market calls. CNBC TV18 Santosh Menon, the Chief Content Officer of Network18 Group, praised Anuj Singhal in an interview and said,
The channel Anuj is no stranger to the Awaaz newsroom or the world of markets, which have long viewed him as an expert voice for years now. He’s a rare journalist with expertise in the arcane world of F&O, trading of which is the mainstay of Awaaz audiences.” Exchange4media
- In an interview, Anuj Singhal shared his belief that the Hindi language has a larger market share than English, but the advertisers are biased towards English channels. He said
Hindi still doesn’t get as much advertising rates as English channels. That’s again because of your perception that the ones who have spending power are mostly watching English or mostly reading English news and not really consuming Hindi news. Unfortunately, Hindi is still seen by many big corporations as not the preferred medium to interact. They clearly still have their biases against Hindi, maybe because it’s considered an affluent language of the rich or maybe traditionally a language of the CEOs. Many CEOs refuse to do interviews in Hindi for the channel.” Afaqs