Akshat Ajay Sharma is an Indian movie director. He is famous for directing the Bollywood film ‘Haddi’ in 2023.
Akshat Ajay Sharma was born on Tuesday, 3 October 1989 (age 34 years; as of 2023) in Raipur, Madhya Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Libra. He completed his schooling at Saraswati Shishu Mandir Higher Secondary School, Raipur. He pursued a B.Tech degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering at Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, Tamil Nadu (2007-2011) and a Master of Arts (M.A.) degree in Filmmaking at Annapurna College of Film and Media, Hyderabad, Telangana. Akshat Ajay Sharma – Linkedin When he was a student at Vellore Institute of Technology, he arranged and took charge of several events like Robotics Premier League 2.0, RIVIERA ’11, and TOASTMASTER INTERNATIONAL, serving as a technical head and president. He was also the Joint Secretary of the music of his University.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Akshat’s father’s name is Dr. Ajay Sharma, who is a professor.
His sister’s name is Neha Sharma.
Wife & Children
Akshat got married to Ayushi Sharma on 14 May 2023.
Akshat follows Hinduism.
In 2011, he started working as a trainee programmer analyst at Cognizant Technology Solutions in Chennai. In 2012, he had a job as a live musician at Hotel Orchid in Pune. In 2013, he was a sound editor for the short film “Zindgani: A Story Untold.” In 2014, he took on the role of Art Director for the short film “Parabola.” In 2015, he joined Isana Productions Inc. and directed a successful Telugu movie titled SINGHAM123, which did really well in the Telugu film industry. In 2017, he began a job as an assistant creative head at Telebuddies. He also produced a short film ‘Padya Yatra: A Revolutionary Walk.’ In 2018, he was the post-production supervisor for the Hindi film Husband Material (Manmarziyaan) and the anthology film Lust Stories. Akshat has worked as an editor for short films like Zindgani: A Story Untold (2013) and Padya Yatra: A Revolutionary Walk (2017). In 2014, Akshat worked as an assistant director in the short film Ali’s Letter. He also had a job as an assistant director in the video titled ‘Honor’ in 2014. In 2017, he worked as the second assistant director for the Bollywood movie The Brawler (Mukkabaaz) and in 2018 for the anthology film Lust Stories. In 2018, he worked as the creative assistant director for the Hindi movie Husband Material (Manmarziyaan). In 2019, he was the second unit director for eight episodes of the TV series ‘Sacred Games’ and for the Hindi movie ‘AK vs AK’ in 2020.
Akshat has directed many short films including Zindagaaani (2013), 1.618 (2013), Parabola (2014), Padya Yatra: A Revolutionary Walk (2017), and Token (2019). In 2020, he became the chief assistant director at Avk Web Productions and also directed the music video ‘Ab nahi hai ishq humko’ (2020). In 2023, he directed the Hindi film Haddi.
In 2023, he is directing an upcoming short film titled ‘Silence…’.
Akshat has written many short films including Zindagaaani (2013), Zindgani: A Story Untold (2013), Parabola (2014), Token (2019), and Silence… (2023). He has worked as a writer for the Hindi films Major (2022) (dialogues) and Haddi (2023).
In addition to directing, he has also acted and been involved in theatre. He took part in major plays such as Macbeth, Waiting for Godot, Hamlet, and AgniVarsham.
These experiences have given him a deep understanding of both creating and the technical aspects of theatre. He is also a writer and poet. He wrote two books named “GOD IS DEAD” and “VIATICUM – JOURNEY OF A SOUL.” His poetry has appeared in various collections and magazines, including international ones like the Taj Mahal Review, Harvests of New Millennium, and Ruminations. He is also actively involved with iCandy Films as their Creative Director. Before becoming a director, he also worked as a dubbing artist.
Akshat is a Co-Founder and Director at G.R. Wolf Productions, a company that creates documentaries and experimental films.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- 2011: Azsacra International Poetry Award for the poem Wolf-Man
- 2013: Empowered Filmmaker Award for the documentaries Zindagaani and Daring Tourist
- 2014: Best Director Award for Parabola in Paraj Mumbai International Film Festival
- 2014: Bronze Leaf Award in Paraj Mumbai International Film Festival
- Akshat’s two documentaries, “Zindagaani” and “Daring Tourist,” had their first screenings at the World Poetry and Human Rights Film Festival in Vancouver, Canada.
- He has been a close friend and collaborator of Anurag Kashyap for a long time.
- He finds inspiration in poets like Rimbaud and Byron, yet he has his own special way of writing. He’s captivated by the emotions people go through. He even shared his poem ‘Iktara’ at Habitat.
- He is a big music lover, and his writings show the thoughts and emotions that people hold within themselves.
- Akshat has a strong fondness for cats and frequently shares pictures of them on his social media accounts.
- He frequently shares photos of himself enjoying whiskey on his social media.