Aadhya Anand is an Indian actress, model, and dancer. In 2022, she came into the limelight after she appeared in the YouTube Dice Media series Crushed in which she played the role of Aadhya Mathur.
Aadhya Anand was born on Friday, 2 November 2007 (age 15 years; as of 2022) in Coorg, Karnataka. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She was brought up by her parents in Singapore. Later, in 2019, she shifted to Mumbai to pursue her acting career in the Hindi entertainment industry. She did her schooling at Global Indian International School, Mumbai. Fascinated by acting since childhood, she started her career in acting at the age of four. In an interview, Aadhya talked about her passion for acting and said,
For some, acting might sound like a chore, but for me, it is the most pacifying place on the earth. I get to play various characters, learn different languages and accents, and meet a lot of celebrities in the process.” The Tribune
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 50kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 32-28-32
Parents & Siblings
Aadhya Anand’s father’s name is Anand Nayak. Her mother’s name is Priya Nayak.
She has a younger sister named Anaaya Anand.
Aadhya Anand follows Hinduism.
Aadhya, at the age of 9, made her acting debut with the Singapore film A Yellow Bird.’ (2016). In the same year, she appeared in another Singapore film Utter 2016: One Hour to Daylight.
She made her Hindi film debut with the Netflix film ‘Friday Night Plan’ (2023) in which she played the role of Nitya.
In 2017, she made her television debut with Singapore’s television show Mom’s World Season 2 in which she played the role of Sushila Chandran. In the same year, she appeared in the TV show Whoopie’s World in which she played the role of Dhana. subsequently, she has appeared in many Singapore TV shows like Manantu International 2 (2017), Lion Mums Season 4 (2021), and Word Whizz Slime Pit (2018).
In 2021, she made her digital debut with the Netflix series Bombay Begum in which she played the lead role of Shai.
In 2022, she appeared in the Hulu series Braveheart in which she played the role of Veera. In the same year, she appeared in the Amazon miniTV series Crushed Season 2 in which she played the role of Aadhya.
NCPCR asked Netflix to stop streaming Bombay Begum
In 2021, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) issued a notice to Netflix to stop streaming the Aadhya Anand starrer web series Bombay Begum (2021). According to NCPCR, the web series showcased minors having cocaine. The child rights body issued the notice after a Twitter handle reported that the web series shows minors indulging in drug abuse. Sharing a screengrab from the web series, the user said,
From normalisation of minors indulging in casual sex we now have web series showing minors having cocaine. Screen grab from Bombay Begums where a 13yr old is snorting coke as the party she goes to is all about alcohol, drugs (sic).”
In the notice issued to Netflix, NCPCR stated,
The Commission does not allow representing portraying and glorifying children in India in such a manner on any media platform/internet/OTTs, etc. Netflix should take extra precaution while streaming any content in respect of the children or for the children and shall also refrain themes from getting into such things.Therefore, you are directed to look into this matter and immediately stop streaming of this series and furnish a detailed action report within 24 hours, failing which the Commission will be constrained to initiate appropriate action pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the CPCR (Commission for Protection of Child Rights) Act, 2005.” Firstpost
- In 2017, Aadhya Anand was awarded Singtel Young Achiever’s Award in Singapore.
- In 2017, Aadhya Anand was awarded Singara Award at International Kannada Cultural Conference held in Singapore.
- In 2016, Aadhya Anand won Sony Tv’s reality show Super Dancer Season 4 Singapore.
- She has appeared as a model in various print and television advertising campaigns such as Cornetto, Resorts World Sentosa, Universal Studios Singapore, Sensodyne, Reliance, and TVs Jupiter. She was also the face of fox fashion Israel.
- Aadhya, at the age of nine, won the Little Miss Singapore Cinderella pageant.
- In 2016, Aadhya was featured in The Straits Times, an English-language newspaper based in Singapore.
- In an interview, Aadhya said that she had a celebrity crush on Sidharth Malhotra. She said,
I had a celebrity crush on Siddharth Malhotra…he is so cute! But in school, I did not have a crush on any friends or any guys around me!.”
- Aadhya Anand is often referred to as the internet crush by social media users. In an interview, Aadhya Anand talked about this and said,
It’s overwhelming to see that I have become an internet sensation; thanks to the release of ‘Crushed’ on Amazon miniTV. I am extremely delighted to see that my character, Aadhya Mathur, and our show have garnered so much love from the audience. My dm is flooded with 500-600 congratulatory messages each day appreciating my character. I have seen myself being mentioned in numerous comments, posts, stories, and reels on social media. The audience is loving my work across generations and for young boys, I have become their crush after they watched me as Aadhya Mathur in the series. I am really grateful for all the love and appreciation I am receiving from everyone.”
- In an interview, Aadhya said that she wanted to work with Deepika Padukone.
- Aadhya is a dog lover and has a pet dog named Sky. She often posts pictures of her pet dog Sky on different social media accounts.