Zoya Afroz is an Indian actress who was crowned Miss India International 2021. She was also a contestant of Big Boss Season 11.
Zoya Afroz was born on Monday, 10 January 1994 (age 30 years; as of 2024) in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Zoya pursued her schooling at R N Shah high school, Mumbai. She is graduated in commerce from Mithibai College in Vile Parle, Mumbai. When Zoya was three years old, she won the contest named, Mahasearch contest, which was sponsored by Rasna.
Her first appearance as a child artist was in the television show Kora Kagaz in 1998. She started getting recognized and got many offers. She worked as a child artist in movies like Hum sath sath hai
Maan, and Kuch na Kaho.
Weight(approx): 51 kg
Hair colour: Hazel Green
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements(approx): 32-24-33
Zoya Afroz belongs to a Muslim family.
Parents & Siblings
Zoya Afroz’s father’s name is Shahdaab Afroz, and her mother’s name is Saleha Afroz. Zoya has one brother, whose name is Zaf Khan.
As a Child Artist
When Zoya was three years old, she won the contest, Mahsearch, which was sponsored by Rasna. Zoya started her career with the tv serial Khora Khagaz in 1998. After which, she signed the film Hum sath sath hai in 1999. she also worked in the movie Mann in 1999 and Kuch na Kaho movie in 2003. As a child artist, she worked in tv commercials like Whirpool, New York life Insurance, and shopper stop. Apart from this, she also appeared in the children show Son Pari.
As an Actress
When Zoya turned 17, she signed a Punjabi movie, Sadi Gali Aaya Karo, in 2012. In 2014, she made her adult debut in the Bollywood movie Xpose. Later, she worked in movies like Sweetie weds NRI movie in 2017, Contact killer 2020, and Kabad in 2021.
Apart from Bollywood and Punjabi, she also worked in some Tamil movies like Thamizhan Endru, in 2016 and Paamban in 2019. She appeared in one of the OTT platform series, Matsya Kaand, which was released in MX player in November 2021. Instagram
As a Model
In 2013, Zoya won Femina Miss Indore, through which she got a direct entry in Femina Miss India 2013. Zoya was crowned as the second runner up in Miss India 2013.
Zoya would be representing India in 2022 in the Miss India International pageant, which will be held in Japan. She also walked the ramp as a showstopper in the Cherry Blossom Mao festival in Manipur 2021, for designer Kumarjit Laishram. Instagram and also as a showstopper at Indore Times Fashion Week Instagram, Zoya got featured in tv commercials with brands like Ponds, VLCC, KFC, Coca-cola, LG, and One Plus. Instagram
As a Judge
As Advisory Board of Member
As a Big Boss Contestant
In 2017, Zoya Afroz was the contestant of Big boss season 11, which was hosted by the actor Salman Khan.
As a Strong Advocate of Women Empowerment
Apart from modelling and acting, Zoya also promotes education for girls. She offers help to the women who come from the financially weaker sections. She works towards helping women to acquire their basic rights and equal opportunity. Instagram
As the Brand Ambassador
- In 2013, Zoya was honoured with the Bharat Ratna Dr Ambedkar Award for the Beauty Queen of the Year.
- Zoya received Life Ok Screen award in 2014 as the best actress for the movie Xpose.
- Zoya was honoured with Uttar Pradesh Gaurav Samman Award in 2016, as the pride of Uttar Pradesh.
- Food: Spaghetti
- Drink: Chocolate shake
- In an interview, Zoya said that when she was called for the final audition of the film Matsya Kaand she was told to come in a pink saree as the character in the film for which she was auditioned would be seen mostly in saree.
- Zoya always wanted to be a part of the OTT platform, according to her these platforms are providing more recognization.
- In an interview, Zoya revealed that she got many offers from the web series, which she rejected because of the intimate scenes and more of the nudity.