Yashashri Masurkar is an Indian actress and model. She primarily works in the Hindi television industry. Apart from being an actress, she is also a voice-over artist. She became one of the participants in the Indian reality show Bigg Boss Marathi Season 4 in October 2022.
Yashashri Masurkar was born on Tuesday, 30 December 1986 (age 35 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, India. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She completed her school studies at G.J. Vartak Vidyalaya, Vasai, Maharashtra. Soon after completing her school education, Yashashri Masurkar pursued a bachelor’s degree in arts from Mumbai University.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-26-36
She is not married.
After completing her formal education, she began working as a Radio Jockey at All India Radio for some time. She then joined a BPO as a Customer Care Executive.
Yashashri Masurkar started working in films in 2016, and she made her film debut with the Marathi film Laal Ishq as Nisha. In 2021, she was cast in the Kabaad: The Coin as Savita.
According to Yashashri Masurkar, she began working on television in her childhood and appeared as a child-artist host in a Marathi television reality show. In 2010, she became a household name with the television show Rang Badalti Odhani telecasted on STAR One. In this show, she played the role of Khanak Khandelwal, who became popular along with her co-star, Karan Tacker, for their on-screen love chemistry.
Yashashri Masurkar appeared in some episodes of the television show Chandragupta Maurya as Mrignayani in 2011. Later, she appeared in several popular television shows such as Sanskaar – Dharohar Apnon Ki, Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat, and Krishnadasi. In 2013, she was cast in the television show Do Dil Bandhe Ek Dori Se as Sumitra, and in the show, she played a vamp. Her negative role on the show was so influential that she was hated by the audience even in her real life too. Once, in a media conversation, Yashashri Masurkar revealed that she used to receive hateful comments from people when she met them personally. She stated,
I laugh when I walk on the streets. People start abusing me. Guess negative characters have a better reach than positive ones.”
Yashashri Masurkar worked in the television show Chakravartin Ashok Samrat as Agnishikha in 2015. In the following year, she appeared in the television serial Krishnadasi in a supporting role. In 2019, she worked in a Marathi television serial Laxman Resha.
- Film: Mandi by Shyam Benegal in 1983
- Actor: Naseeruddin Shah
- Actress: Meryl Streep
- Reportedly, Yashashri Masurkar used to take the tuition classes of some school students when she was in her eighth grade as she was a bright student during her school days.
- Yashashri Masurkar was one of the contestants in a beauty pageant titled ‘Shravan Queen’ in 2009. At the end of the show, she won the second runner-up title of the show.
- According to Yashashri Masurkar, her favourite actress is Meryl Streep, and her favourite actor is Naseeruddin Shah. In 2011, she talked about her favourite film actors in a media interview. She said,
Meryl Streep is the most powerful actress. On the other hand Naseer Sahab is my favourite hero and almost every film of his is really close to my heart.”
In the same conversation, she discussed her favourite movie scene. She expressed,
Shyam Benegal’s Mandi is one of my most favourite films and there is one particular scene in the movie where Naseer Sahab (Naseeruddin Shah) bursts out after getting drunk.”
- She is a compassionate animal lover. She has a pet cat and dog named Pepper and Kishu, respectively. She often shares pictures of her pet cat and dog on various social media platforms.
- Once, in a media interview, Yashashri Masurkar revealed that she loved travelling to distant places in her leisure time and often spend time doing photography.
- In 2019, Yashashri Masurkar was invited to the World Film Festival in Silicon Valley in San Fransisco to perform as a dancer. She also appeared as a judge during the same show for its ramp show.
- Yashashri Masurkar participated in the Indian reality show Bigg Boss Marathi 4 in 2022 as a contestant. During the show, in one of the episodes, she shared her childhood memories with another participant of the show. She recalled that in her childhood, her father hit her in front of the whole village when she expressed her desire to do the Garba at an event. She added that after that incident, she felt so insulted that she never performed Garba in her life. She recalled,
My father hit me in front of the entire village because I performed Garba. That was the first and the last time I played Garba in life. Now Bigg Boss has given me the opportunity to erase that bad memory and add this fresh memory to my life.”
Yashashri Masurkar continued by saying that her childhood was difficult as her mother had cataracts and was not able to see anything. She remembered,
I want to buy a home for my parents. I think that is my responsibility and uske baad main aazad Panchi hu. I have always felt alone since childhood. My mother had cataracts. She could not see anything and used to get irritated. There was a time when there was no food to eat and then there was my father’s outrage! I am not blaming them but it’s just that they did not know how to be a good parent.”