Usha Nadkarni is a popular Marathi- Hindi film and TV actress. She has been ruling the hearts of TV serial lovers since she appeared on the Zee TV show ‘Pavitra Rishta’ in which she played the role of ‘Savita Damodar Deshmukh’. Now she is going to enter as a contestant in the house of ‘Bigg Boss Marathi’ and it will be a fun to watch Usha inside the Bigg Boss Marathi house. Check out Usha Nadkarni, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Husband, Children, Biography, Facts & More.
Usha Nadkarni is 71 years old who was born on 13 September 1946 in Bombay, Bombay Presidency, British India. She is also called by the nicknames like ‘Usha Tai’ and ‘Aau’. She completed her graduation in Bachelors in Arts from Mumbai. She was interested in acting since her childhood but her parents were not in the favor. When she won 7 prizes in a year in the category of acting after that, they gave her choice of selecting acting as her career.
Usha Nadkarni is a decent lady who is approximately 5’4” tall and weighs around 65 kg. She is fair by complexion. The way she carries herself is outstanding. She has brown eyes and salt & pepper hair. Her looks are very strict and aggressive but actually, she is a fun loving lady.
Family, Caste & Husband
She was born into the Marathi Brahmin family to Marathi father Sadanand Nadkarni. Her mother was a teacher by profession.
She was married to her longtime boyfriend Anand Nadkarni who was working in an IT company and she is a mother to a son whose name is Ayush.
She started her acting career with the Marathi theatre and got an opportunity to act in the play ‘Guru.’ After that, she got an opportunity to act in Nana Patekar’s famous play ‘Purus’. In 1979, she started doing work in the movies and her debut movie was ‘Sinhasan’ which was a Marathi movie.
In 1993, she debuts in the Bollywood from the movie ‘Shatranj’.
She has appeared in many movies like ‘Maherchi Sadi’ (Marathi), ‘Gundaraj’ (Hindi), ‘Vaastav’ (Hindi), ”Krishna Cottage’ (Hindi), ‘Sakhi’ (Marathi), ‘Rustom’ (Hindi) etc. She also worked in TV serials like ‘Rishtey’, ‘Virudh’, ‘Kush is Tarah’, ‘Thoda Sa Aasmaan Thodi Si Zameen’, ‘Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon’, ‘Zee Horror Show’ and many more. She came into the limelight after the show ‘Pavitra Rishta’ in which she played the role of evil mother-in-law as a ‘Savita Damodar Deshmukh’. She usually plays supporting roles in movies and TV serials.
In 2016, she featured in the comedy show ‘Comedy Nights Live’ on Viacom 18 but later she quit due to some conflicts with her colleague and popular actor cum comedian Krishna Abhishek.
In 2018, she was the contestant in the house of ‘Bigg Boss Marathi’.
She won many awards like ‘Zee Gold Awards’, ‘BIG Television Awards’, ‘Zee Gold Awards’ in the category of ‘Best Negative Role’.
She has some verbal fights with an actor Krishna Abhishek during the TV show ‘Comedy Nights Live’, and after that, she decided to quit the show.
- Apart from acting, she has also worked as an employee in BMC (Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation) and Dena Bank.
- She got inspired towards acting and dancing since her childhood days when she used to visit Ganesh Utsav events and watching people dancing on the stage.
- During her school days, she used to participate in many plays but not in her college because she felt shy in front of boys.
- She is a very frank natured in reel as well as real life.
- She likes to spend her holidays in Shirdi, Mathura, and Ooty.
- Blue and sky blue are her favorite colors.
- She likes to listen to old songs of Kishore Kumar.
- Her favorite food is varan bhaat and fry fish.
- She is the huge fan of Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan and South Indian actress Anu Emmanuel.
- In her free time, she likes to do dancing, reading books and cooking.