Sudipta Bhattacharya is the Chief Executive Officer of the Adani Group – North America and the Chief Technology Officer of the Adani Group. He worked with other companies including the Tata Group in India for which he worked for nearly a decade before joining the Adani Group.
Sudipta Bhattacharya was born on Thursday, 9 June 1966 (age 56 years; as of 2022). Bombay Stock Exchange He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering (1985-1989) from ‘The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda’ in Vadodara, Gujarat, India. In 1991, Sudipta pursued M. Tech. in Chemical Plant Fabrication and Design at the Indian Institute of Technology in Kharagpur, West Bengal. Sudipta studied Master of Science in Chemical Engineering and an MBA in Finance and Operations Management at the University of Cincinnati in Cincinnati, Ohio. Sudipta Bhattacharya – LinkedIn
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
There is not much information about his family.
In 1990, Sudipta Bhattacharya joined ‘Tata Group’ as the Production Supervisor (Supply Chain Director) in India. During his 10 years in the Tata Group, Sudipta held various positions including managing manufacturing planning, production operations, and supply chain planning at ‘Tata Chemicals Ltd.’ and then ‘Rallis India Ltd.’ (both companies are part of Tata Group). Sudipta Bhattacharya – LinkedIn
In 2000, Sudipta worked as a Program Manager at i2 Technologies in Dallas/Fort Worth Area. In this company, he was part of the Strategic Services team, providing supply chain and manufacturing consulting services to clients. Sudipta Bhattacharya – LinkedIn
Sudipta Bhattacharya joined SAP, a leading Enterprise Applications Software Company, in 2002 in
Invensys Operations Management
In 2007, Sudipta joined Invensys Operations Management, an IT service management company acquired by Schneider Electric in 2013, and served as the CEO of the company. Sudipta Bhattacharya – LinkedIn
Adani Ports and SEZ (APSEZ)
Sudipta Bhattacharya has served as the CEO and whole time Director of Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ) and the Chief Strategy Officer for the group. Reportedly, he resigned as the CEO of APSEZ, and his resignation was accepted by the board with effect from 31 December 2015. Karan Adani, son of Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani, was appointed as the CEO of Adani Ports and SEZ (APSEZ) with effect from 1 January 2016. BusinessLine
Adani Group – North America
After resigning from the position of CEO of Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ), Sudipta Bhattacharya moved to North America and joined as the CEO of the Adani Group (North America) and its Chief Technology Officer.
New Delhi Television Ltd (NDTV)
RRPR Holding Pvt Ltd
On 29 November 2022, Sudipta Bhattacharya, along with Sanjay Pugalia and Senthil Chengalvarayan, was declared as the director on the board of New Delhi Television Ltd’s (NDTV) promoter entity RRPR Holding Private Limited after Radhika Roy and Prannoy Roy resigned as the directors on the company’s board; however, both have the direct holding of 32.3 per cent in the media major.
- Generating a risk assessment regarding a supply chain software implementation project – US 07359865 – issued on 15 April 2008 Sudipta Bhattacharya – LinkedIn
- Adaptive Networks for dynamic inventory management – US EP20020806607 – issued on 14 November 2002 Sudipta Bhattacharya – LinkedIn
- Sudipta has served as an Advisory Board Member for the University of Texas, Dallas School of Management’s Center for Intelligent Supply Networks. Sudipta Bhattacharya – LinkedIn
- Sudipta served on the Executive Board of Directors of the Dallas Regional Chamber – formerly known as the Dallas Chamber of Commerce – and was the Chairman of its Technology and Innovation Council for the period 2011-2012. In March 2011, Sudipta was given the title of ‘Minority Business Leader of the Year’ by the Dallas Business Journal. Sudipta Bhattacharya – LinkedIn
- Sudipta Bhattacharya was the finalist in Ernst & Young’s 2011 annual Entrepreneur of the Year competition. Sudipta Bhattacharya – LinkedIn
- He has also been a former Vice Chairman of the Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions Association (MESA), a global community of manufacturing companies, information technology vendors, system integrators, consulting companies, analysts, editors, academics and students with the aim to help member organizations improve production efficiency through the implementation of information technology and best management practices. Sudipta Bhattacharya – LinkedIn