Rajeshwari Kumari is an Indian sports shooter and fashion designer. She is the daughter of Randhir Singh, an Indian sports administrator, and great-granddaughter of Maharaja Bhupinder Singh, an Indian royal and cricketer from the Punjab state.
Rajeshwari Ria Kumari was born on Tuesday, 10 December 1991 (age 32 years; as of 2023) in Delhi, India. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. She pursued a degree in commerce & business studies at the Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Faridabad, Mohali. Since a young age, Rajeshwari was inspired by her father, Randhir Singh, and wanted to become a shooter.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
Rajeshwari Kumari’s father, Randhir Singh, is an Indian sports administrator and former sports shooter, and her mother, Vinita Singh, is a businesswoman. She has 2 step-sisters, from her father’s first marriage.
Rajeshwari Kumari got married to Mehtaab Singh, a businessman, on 17 November 2013 at the age of 21. The wedding was according to Sikh rituals and took place in a farmhouse near Chhatarpur. The couple first got engaged on January 6 2011. The wedding was attended by many royals from across the world including the crown prince of Bhutan. Christine Pemberton
Rajeshwari Kumari’s great-grandfather, Bhupinder Singh, was the king of Patiala from 1900 to 1938. He was also a cricketer and played for Marylebone Cricket Club.
Rajeshwari Kumari’s grandfather, Bhalindra Singh, was an Indian sports administrator and a first-class cricketer. He passed away on 16 April 1992.
Captain Amarinder Singh
Rajeshwari Kumari’s uncle, Captain Amarinder Singh, is an Indian politician, Indian Army veteran, and former national shotgun champion. He served as the 15th Chief Minister.
Rajeshwari’s cousin Raninder Singh is an Indian Indian politician and the President of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI).
Rajeshwari Kumari’s maternal uncle Arvind Khanna is an Indian politician, businessman, and philanthropist. He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and served as a member of the legislative assembly (MLA) from Sangrur from 2002 to 2007.
Rajeshwari Kumari follows Sikhism.
Rajeshwari Kumari started shooting at the age of 20. In 2019, at the 63rd National Shotgun Shooting Championship, she set a national record by shooting 118 out of 125 in the qualifications. In April 2023, she won the T3 Shotgun National Selection Trials in Delhi. In June 2023, Kumari qualified for the 2022 Asian Games by shooting a score of 111 in the finals of the 4th National Shotgun Selection Trials in Bhopal. In August 2023, Rajeshwari secured an Olympic quota for the Paris 2024 Games and became the second Indian shooter to qualify for the Quota. India Today
At the 2022 Asian Games Qualifiers, Rajeshwari finished the qualification round with 24 out of 25 points in the fifth and final round leading to the team’s winning silver medal. She was part of the team that won a silver medal in the Women’s Trap Team event at the 2022 Asian Games in China along with Manisha Keer and Preeti Rajak.
In 2021, Rajeshwari Kumari co-founded Saurab Rajeshwari, a luxury Indian clothing and embroidery bridal couture brand. She started this brand with her childhood friend, Saurabh Aggarwal a bridal couture designer. In an interview, talking about the inspiration behind her brand, she talked about the women in her family who wear Phulkari and also about the women who make a living out of this art, she said,
Born in the culturally rich city of Patiala I felt our regal legacy, our history of craft patronage needed to be kept alive and hence I joined hands with Saurab who has a trained eye in fashion,”
Instead of using models to display the collection and photoshoots, Rajeshwari models her cousins and daughters of Punjab and Himachal Pradesh’s noble families. Her brand is worn by famous celebrities like Preity Zinta. Pinkvilla
- In November 2017, she won a gold medal in a team shooting event at the National Shooting Championship.
- In 2021, she won a gold medal at the Asian Online Shooting Championship in New Delhi.
- in 2021, she won a silver medal in the team trap event at the 2021 ISSF World Cup in Cairo, Egypt.
- In February 2015, she won a silver medal at the National Shooting Championship in New Delhi, India.
- In November 2017, she won an individual Silver medal in a Trap shoot event at the National Shooting Championship.
- In September 2023, she won a silver medal in the team trap shoot event at the 2022 Asian Games in China.
- In November 2014, She won a bronze medal at the National Shotgun Championship in Patiala, Punjab.
- In November 2017, she won a gold medal at the National Shooting Championship.
- In December 2022, Rajeshwari appeared in a music video for the Punjabi song ‘Lehanga’ by Jasbir Jassi, which was also a collaboration between Jasbir Jassi and Saurabh Rajeshwari.
- In 2019, Rajeshwari modelled for Limelight Diamonds, a jewellery house based in Mumbai, for their new collection of jewellery made of CVD diamonds.
In an interview, she talked about the new launch by Limelight Diamonds and said,
The idea of CVD diamonds is quite innovative and I think it is going to take the industry by storm. The fact that this technology of producing Type IIa quality diamonds is being developed in India itself, it is truly the best way of reviving our Indian heritage with a modern twist.”
- Rajeshwari’s favourite travel destination is Mussoorie, where her family owns a villa, Devdar Estate villa. According to Rajeshwari, she visits Mussoorie once every year.
- At the 2022 Asian Games in Hangzhou, China, Rajeshwari received her medal from her father, Randhir Singh, who is the acting president of the Olympic Council of Asia (OSA).