Kiran Magar is an Indian professional kabaddi player who plays in the left corner position as a defender. He got into the limelight for his performance in the Pro Kabaddi League.
Kiran Magar was born as ‘Kiran Laxman Magar’ Kiran Magar – Instagram on Saturday, 13 February 1999 (age 25 years; as of 2024) in a village named Nimgaon, Malshiras Taluka, district Solapur, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. Kiran completed his schooling at the Walchand Vidyalaya and Junior College in Kalamb, Indapur, Maharashtra. Later he attended the Vishwasrao Ransing College in Kalamb.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 85 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 38″, Waist: 32″, Biceps: 16″
Parents & Siblings
Kiran Magar’s father passed away a few years ago; however, there is not much information about his mother. Kiran has an elder brother named Raviraj Magar.
Kiran Maga is unmarried.
Kiran Magar follows Hinduism.
In 2022, Kiran Magar took part in the 69th Senior National Kabaddi Championship in which he represented the Maharashtra Kabaddi team and won the silver medal in the tournament finals.
In the same year, he was selected for season 9 of the Pro Kabaddi League and was bought for Rs. 31 lakhs by the Mumbai-based team ‘U Mumba.’ Kiran Magar played a total of 16 matches and held an overall tackle success rate of 40%.
In 2023, Kiran Magar took part in the Chief Minister’s Cup 2023 in Nanded, Maharashtra, where he represented the Baburao Chandere Social Foundation and won the gold medal.
In the same year, Kiran Magar was appointed as the captain of the Maharashtrian Kabaddi team and they took part in the 37th National Sports Competition which was held in Goa. The team win the silver medal under Kiran’s captaincy.
Later in 2023, Kiran was selected and bought for Rs. 13 Lakhs by the Lucknow-based kabaddi team ‘UP Yoddhas’ for season 10 of the Pro Kabaddi League.
Kiran Magar owns a Royal Enfield Bullet.
Kiran Magar owns a Hyundai Verna.
- Kiran Magar moved in with his uncle, Anil Ghadge, very early on in childhood. He used to watch athletes play in the local club named ‘Maharana Kalamb’ and that’s how he got interested in the sport just by looking at the players.
- Initially, Kiran Magar was not able to clear his trials to get into the Maharashtrian Kabaddi team and that’s when his parents became hesitant about his decision; however, Kiran managed to convince them and continue the game.
- Baburao Chandere who is a senior member of the Nationalist Congress Party was the biggest supporter of Kiran Magar and kept motivating him in his initial days and also made Kiran join the Baburao Chandere Social Foundation, which is owned by the senior member himself.
- Kiran Magar’s ‘ankle hold’ move got him immense recognition in the Pro Kabaddi League.
- Kiran loves horseriding and spends time doing the activity when he is free from his kabaddi practices.
- While representing the team ‘U Mumba’ in season 9 of the Pro Kabaddi League, Kiran Magar was awarded with the Macho Player of the Match award. U Mumba – YouTube