Dr. Jitendra Aggarwal is a dentist and a man on a mission to transform the lives of people with disabilities. Dr. Jitendra Aggarwal is the founder and CEO of the Sarthak Educational Trust. The trust focuses on helping people with disabilities to receive training in various fields and find jobs in different sectors.
Dr. Jitendra Aggarwal was born on 16 September 1972 (age 48 years; as of 2020) in Delhi, India. Jitendra Aggarwal completed his former education in Delhi and then did a BDS degree to become a dental surgeon. Jitendra Aggarwal practiced for six years but in 2004, he had to stop his practice after he lost his vision due to macular degeneration of the retina (one of the leading causes of severe vision loss).
Height(approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Dr. Jitendra Aggarwal is married to Dr. Suman Aggarwal. There is not much information available about his family.
Dr. Jitendra Aggarwal completed his BDS degree to become a dental surgeon. However, in 2004, Jitendra Aggarwal lost his vision due to macular degeneration of the retina and had to stop his practice. Jitendra realized the problems that a person with disabilities faces every day and he decided to change his course of life. He started learning screen readers and other software that would help him with his daily tasks using computers. In the year 2008, Dr. Jitendra Aggarwal decided to start an organization that would help people with disabilities to learn new skills and become independent in their life. The organization was named Sarthak Educational Trust and the first center was set up in Delhi. It provided training to visually impaired candidates. Over the years, the trust received funding from several MNCs.
- Dr. Jitendra Aggarwal is the governing board member of the Sector Skill Council of persons with disabilities.
- He is also a member of the screening committee of the National Award of Disability and National Fund for persons with disabilities.
- He is a member of the selection committee of the National Action Plan for Persons with Disabilities.
Awards & Honors
- Rashtriya Swayam Siddha Samman by JSPL Foundation in 2015
- Exceptional Achiever’s Award by the Government of Delhi in 2015
- Best NGO by Punjab State Government in 2015
- Sarthak Educational Trust has more than 17 centers all over India with the centers in cities like Delhi, Ghaziabad, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Ambala, and more.
- Dr. Jitendra Aggarwal realized that in India, the majority of people with disabilities are treated with charity and not with financial empowerment. With the Sarthak Centers, Dr. Jitendra Aggarwal has helped more than 30,000 people with disabilities in learning new skills and using them in different fields.
- Many companies like Reliance Retail, Infosys, Lemon Tree Hotels, and more come forward to hold placement drives at the centers. The organization has helped more than 10,000 PwD to find jobs in various sectors of work like retail, BPO, IT, and hospitality.
- The organization conducts the National Conference on Disability every year at AICTE in New Delhi. This year, however, the conference will be held via video conferencing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The conference took place on 18-19 December 2020.
- On 27 November 2020, Dr. Jitendra Aggarwal along with his wife, Dr. Suman Aggarwal made an appearance on the show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ for the ‘Karamveer Special’ episode.