Darshan Nalkande is an Indian cricketer who has been playing for the domestic team of Vidarbha and was selected for the Under-19 India Team for the Asia Cup. In December 2018, Darshan Nalkande was bought by the Kings XI Punjab for the 2019 Indian Premier League.
Darshan Nalkande was born on Sunday, 4 October 1998 (age 22 years; as of 2020) in Warda, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Libra. Darshan’s interest in cricket was witnessed by his parents when he would play with his elder brother, Gaurav in the house. Darshan was then enrolled at the Akola Cricket Club (ACC) in Akola, Maharashtra for a summer camp. Later, the coaches were impressed by his performance and decided to keep them for the year-round training. Darshan made his debut in List A cricket for Vidarbha in the 2018-2019 Vijay Hazare Trophy on 2 October 2018.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Darshan Nalkande’s father’s name is Girish Nalkande and his mother’s name is Sapna Nalkande. His mother is an advocate. He has an elder brother, Gaurav, and an elder sister.
Darshan Nalkande started his cricket career by playing for the Vidarbha cricket teams. The Vidarbha teams represent the eastern region of the state of Maharashtra. He made his debut for List A cricket with the Vidarbha teams in the 2018-19 Vijay Hazare Trophy on 2 October 2018. In November 2018, Darshan made his debut for first-class cricket by playing in the 2018-19 Ranji Trophy for the Vidarbha team. The breakthrough performance for Darshan Nalkande came when he played as a bowler for the Vidarbha team and helped them win their maiden Cooch Behar Trophy in 2016-2017 when he picked 31 wickets during the season. In December 2018, Darshan Nalkande was bought by Kings XI Punjab for Rs. 30 lakhs for the 2019 Indian Premier League. He was retained for the same amount in 2020.
- Darshan Nalkande made his Twenty20 debut in the 2018-2019 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy for the Vidarbha team on 21 February 2019.
- Darshan Nalkande does not have much experience but Kings XI Punjab high-performance coach Prasanna Agoram noticed him and saw his videos when Darshan attended the trials for Kings XI Punjab. Agoram was convinced that Darshan can be an asset to the team under the right guidance. He believed that Darshan has the ability to be a great all-rounder for the team. The Times of India
- In the beginning, Darshan’s parents were skeptical about his career in cricket as there is a lot of competition but his performance in the matches helped him make his way out of the crowd.
- Darshan Nalkande made his senior debut in the Vijay Hazare One-day Trophy where he stole the win from Maharashtra with his performance. Vidarbha needed 82 off 58 balls when Darshan arrived at the crease and surprised everyone when he scored 53 in 30 balls.
- Darshan Nalkande is an introvert and whenever he is not playing any tournament, he prefers to stay at home and spend time with his family or play games on PlayStation.
- Darshan was part of the India Under-19 squad when they were on the test series tour against England. Rahul Dravid was the coach for the U-19 India team and he called Darshan Nalkande during the nets practice to help him improve his game.
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||The Times of India|