Darren Barnet is an American actor best known for his work in Netflix’s teen comedy series, Never Have I Ever (2020).
Darren Barnet was born as ‘Darren Charles Barnet’ on Saturday, 27 April 1991 (age 29 years; as in 2020) in Los Angeles, California. His zodiac sign is Aries.
At the age of 12, he relocated to the suburbs of Orlando, Florida. He did his schooling from Dr. Phillips High School, Orlando, where he was also the school’s lacrosse team captain. He won a full academic scholarship at Berry College, Georgia and graduated with a bachelor’s degree of arts in 2013. After his graduation, he relocated to Los Angeles to pursue his career in acting. There, he started working as a bike attendant and front desk associate for SoulCycle – a cult-followed indoor cycling class centre in Sunset Boulevard.
Height (approx.): 5’ 10”
Eye Colour: Honey Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
His mother is Japanese and Swedish, and he is Cherokee Indian and German from his father, Hady J Breidy’s side. BriefTake Both his parents were actors in their 20s. His father was also a musician. He has a younger sister named Emily, and an elder sister named Jen.
He was in a relationship with a television producer named Cassie Maynard from December 2014 to January 2017.
While studying at Berry College, he used to act in plays and short films and also began making films. In 2017, he made his acting debut with the role of ‘Young Jack’ in the television show, This Is Us.
He also acted in the television shows, in S.W.A.T (2017) and Criminal Minds (2017). In 2018, he appeared as ‘Hot Seth’ in the Facebook Watch series, Turnt. He made his breakthrough with the series, Never Have I Ever (2020) in which he played the lead role of ‘Paxton Hall-Yoshida,’ the love interest of Devi, played by Maitreyi Ramakrishnan.
He also has a lead role in the series, Americal Pie Presents: Girl’s Rules (2020). He is also a music composer and writer and writes music under the pen name ‘Charlie Sound.’
- Sports: Basketball, Lacrosse, Boxing
- TV Shows: Stranger Things, Altered Carbon, Peaky Blinders
- Director: David Fincher, Martin Scorsese
- He likes watching movies, gymming, travelling, and playing sports.
- Since the age of five, Darren wanted to be an actor.
- Since May 2015, he owns a Los Angeles real estate licence.
- He is a multilingual as he knows conversational Spanish and has also learned Japanese and French.
- His grandfather, Charlie Barnet was a veteran American saxophonist.
- He grew up writing poetry, which naturally transitioned to writing lyrics.
- He initially wanted to become a journalist as his mother was also one.
- In 2018, he wrote a film titled “Glass,” which was a semi-finalist at Burbank International Film Festival.
References [ + ]