Vijay Kumar Arora is an Indian cinematographer and director known for directing the Punjabi film Harjeeta (2018).
According to him, he did his schooling in Amritsar after which he went to Mumbai to pursue his dream of becoming a director. Therefore, he started working at a young age. DAAH Films – YouTube He lost his mother at an early age and many of his relatives lived in London, so his grandmother wanted him to move to London with them, but his relatives did not take him with them. They thought that Vijay would be a bad influence on their children because he had cut his hair short, which was not appreciated in Punjabi families.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Grey
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information available about his family. His mother is deceased.
He was a lightman when he started his journey. One day when he was working as a lightman, he was offered to work as the assistant director of the film after which his journey as a director started.
Vijay Kumar Arora started his career as a cinematographer in 1995 with the Marathi film Aai.
He has also worked on the Hindi films Tum Bin…: Love Will Find a Way (2001), Aapko Phele Bhi Kahin Dekha hai (2003), Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi! (2005), ABCD (Any Body Can Dance) (2013), and A Flying Jatt (2016).
He made his directorial debut with the Punjabi film Ronde Sare Vyah Picho in 2013.
He has directed the Punjabi films Harjeeta (2018), Baby Dolls (2019), Paani Ch Madhaani (2021), and Kali Jotta (2022).
He has also directed a few Punjabi music videos like Jean (2021) and VCR (2021).
- 2018: Best Punjabi Film Award for the film Harjeeta at the 66th National Awards
- 2019: Nominated for Best Director for the film Harjeeta (2018) at PTC
- 2020: Nominated for Best Director for the film Guddiyan Patole (2019) at PTC
- Vijay Kumar Arora is known by the name Dadu by his friends and family members. DAAH Films – YouTube
- Once he was offered to work on the film ‘Dhoom’ but he did not work accept the offer because at that time he was shooting a film with his friend.
- In an interview, he talked about the Punjabi industry and said that people want to see funny movies and not movies that have a strong message. He was afraid to make the film Harjeeta because he thought the film might not be successful.
- In 2023, he appeared as a guest on The Kapil Sharma Show, along with Satinder Sartaaj and Neeru Bajwa.
|↑1, ↑2||DAAH Films – YouTube|