Swara Bhaskar Chitrapu is a talented theatre artist, famous Bollywood celebrity, and an eminent TV star. Due to her great performance in the field of acting, she won numerous awards and titles. Check out Swara wiki, height, weight, age, boyfriend, caste, family, biography and more.
Born on 9 April 1988, Swara is a 30 years old girl from Delhi (India). She completed her schooling from Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi and graduation in English Literature from Miranda House, University of Delhi. She also did M.A. in Sociology from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. During her college days, she was actively involved in social issues.
After education, she decided to make her career in the field of acting and then, worked in several Bollywood movies. Her hard work in the Indian film industry brought to her popularity and numerous learning opportunities.
During her acting career, she won several awards such as ‘Zee Cine Award’ (2012) for the Best Actress in a Supporting Role– Female for the film ‘Tanu Weds Manu,’ ‘Screen Award’ and ‘Zee Cine Award'(2014) for the Best Supporting Actress for the film ‘Raanjhanaa,’ ‘Silk Road International Film Festival Award’ (2016) for the Best Actress for the film ‘Nil Battey Sannata,’ and ‘Screen Award’ (2016) for the Best Actress- Critics for the film ‘Nil Battey Sannata.’
Having brown eyes and black hair, Swara looks amazing on big and small screens with her 34-28-34 body measurement, 55 kg weight and 5’5″ height.
Family, Caste & Husband
Swara is born and brought up in an environment of diverse Indian cultures as her father Chitrapu Uday Bhaskar is a Telugu and mother Ira Bhaskar is a Bihari.
Her father is retired as a Commodore officer from the Indian Navy, he is also known as an expert and a critic on the Indian security and strategic affairs. Whereas, her mother is a professor of Cinema Studies. Swara has also an elder brother Ishan Bhaskar.
According to some sources, Swara had an affair with a writer Himanshu Sharma. But, she is still unmarried, and there is no report of her getting married.
Swara began her acting career as a theatre artist in the ‘Act One’ theatre group of N.K. Sharma in Delhi.
In 2008, she moved to Mumbai to pursue her career in Bollywood. After a lot of struggle, she got a film ‘Niyati’ directed by Pravesh Bhardwaj, but this film couldn’t be completed.
Finally, she made her debut with the movie ‘Madholal Keep Walking’ (2009, in English). In 2010, she signed her first Bollywood movie ‘Guzaarish.’ In 2011, her role of ‘Payal’ in the movie ‘Tanu Weds Manu,’ was highly appreciated by the audience.
Apart from films, she has also worked on a small screen, and her first TV serial was ‘Samvidhaan: The Making of the Constitution of India’ (2014) in which she appeared as a Presenter.
In 2014, there were rumours about the cold war between Swara and actress Kangana Ranaut on the sets of ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015).
In December 2017, when she congratulated the pro-Congress Dalit leader, Jignesh Mewani for his success, she was trolled on social media for supporting caste politics.
In 2018, she made critical comments on the film ‘Padmaavat’ (directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali) through an open letter in which she criticised the glorification of ‘Sati’ in the movie, as according to her, it denies the woman’s right to live.
In November 2019, she received flak on social media for using abusive words like “chu**ya” and “kam**na” for a four-year-old child who had worked with her in an advertisement. She used the foul language while talking about her experience during the early years of her career in the film industry on a chat show “Son Of Abish.” News18
- Swara does yoga on a daily basis.
- Her hobbies are dancing, cooking, and reading.
- Swara loves to eat Prawn Curry, Dosa, Aloo sabzi, Maggi, Guacamole and Italian cuisine.
- She is a fan of Shah Rukh Khan and Meryl Streep.
- Swara likes Arthur Miller’s play ‘The Crucible,’ directed by Yael Farber.
- She adores the directors Ashwini Iyer Tiwari, Hansal Mehta, Joe Wright, Wong Kar-Wai, Anand L. Rai, Vishal Bhardwaj, and Anurag Kashyap.
- From the age of seven, she has an interest in dancing and later learnt the ‘Bharatanatyam’ from her Guru Leela Samson.
- She has a good friendship with the actress Sonam Kapoor.
- Swara loves the movies ‘The Untitled Kartik Krishnan Project,’ ‘The Mill on the Floss,’ and ‘The Exorcism of Emily Rose.’
- At home, she likes to watch the TV show- ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.’
- Swara prefers to read the books like ‘Istanbul: Memories and the City’ by Orhan Pamuk, ‘The Illicit Happiness of Other People’ by Manu Joseph, ‘The Faraway Tree series’ by Enid Blyton, ‘A Case of Exploding Mangoes’ by Mohammed Hanif, ‘The Mill on the Floss’ by George Eliot
- According to Swara, if she didn’t choose an acting career, she would have been a teacher of history or anthropology.
- She enjoys travelling to Italy, Istanbul, and Beirut.
- Swara likes animals and has three cats as pets.
- Her dream is to play the role of Indira Gandhi in a biographical film.