Richa Rathore is an Indian engineer-turned-actor. In 2022, she came into the limelight after she appeared in the StarPlus show Aap Ki Nazron Ne Samjha in which she played the lead role of Nandini.
Richa Rathore was born on Friday, 29 January 1993 (age 29 years; as of 2022) in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. She did her schooling at Loreto Convent Tara Hall, Shimla. After completing her schooling, she pursued a Bachelor of technology at the Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT), Waknaghat, Solan, Himachal Pradesh.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Richa Rathore belongs to a Pahadi family in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
Parents & Siblings
Richa Rathore’s mother, Meera Rathore, is a homemaker.
Richa Rathore’s brother, Ankit Rathore, works for Secret Corridor Pictures, a film production & talent management organisation.
Richa Rathore is unmarried.
Richa Rathore made her acting debut with a small role in the Hindi film Tamasha (2015).
In 2018, she made her television debut with the TV show Kumkum Bhagya in which she played the role of Neha.
In 2019, she worked in the television show Yeh Ishq Nhi Aasan. Subsequently, in the same year, she appeared in the television show Naagin in which she played the role of Priyal.
In 2021, she appeared in the television show Aap Ki Nazron Ne Samjha in which she played the role of Nandini. In 2022, she appeared in the television show Rabb Se Hai Duaa in which she played the role of Ghazal. In an interview, she talked about her role in the television show Rabb Se Hai Duaa (2022) and said,
I have said this on several occasions after my last daily soap ended that I wanted to take up a show set against Muslim backdrop. So, I was quite excited after I got to know that my wish has been fulfilled. My character, too, is quite interesting. I play Ghazal, who is full of life, has a modern outlook towards it, and is bindaas. I like the attitude of khul kar life ko jiyo — at least as a character (smiles). The show addresses some pertinent questions and revolves around two nikaah. The storyline is amazing and so is my character.”
In 2013, Richa was featured in the popular music album Shimla Tha Ghar. In 2017, she appeared in the Hindi music album Ja Tujhko.
- Richa Rathore, before venturing into acting, used to work for a multinational corporation in Chandigarh. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
With influx of talent in the industry, there are so many newbies waiting to get that one right project. In my case, I had a casting team visiting my engineering college. They auditioned me as well. I had forgotten about it all and one day I got a call to reach Mumbai as they wanted me to join Kumkum Bhagya. At that time, I was working for an MNC and it was a tough call to make but as luck would have I reached Mumbai.” Hindustan Times
- In an interview, Richa Rathore talked about how she decided to pursue a career in acting. While she was pursuing a course in engineering, Richa auditioned for a small role in the Hindi film Tamasha (2015); the audition team of the film visited Richa’s college. Later, Richa bagged a small role in the film following which she decided to pursue a career in acting. She said,
It all began with the film ‘Tamasha’ by Imtiaz Ali. I was completing my engineering when the team had come to our college to conduct auditions. The shoot was happening in Shimla only. So I auditioned for it and was offered a small role, which I happily took up. I shot for a week with the team and I was awestruck by what was happening around me. That is when I felt acting is what I want to do.”
- Richa Rathore’s hometown is Shimla; however, she resides in Mumbai for her work. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
I have lived in metro cities but in Mumbai, life is totally different. It wasn’t easy but I managed and now I have got used to the pace. When I was in Shimla during the lockdown, I actually felt what a slow life people live in places like these.”But staying away from her family is tough, “I have to do all my work by myself here. Even if I have health issues, I have to do things on my own. After pack up, people are happy to go back to their families, but I have to go back to an empty house.”
- In 2018, Richa Rathore worked in the Star Bharat’s episodic series Savdhaan India. She appeared in the episode ‘A Bride’s Worst Nightmare.’
- In her leisure time, she likes to paint and craft. According to Richa, after shifting to Mumbai, she got the opportunity to work on her craft. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
It was not an easy decision to quit a well-paid job and take up a career about which I had no idea. After my first show, it was not like I was bombarded with work. I surely had my share of struggle and it was then that I got to learn so much about the industry. Also, I got an opportunity to work on my craft
- Richa Rathore often consumes alcohol on various occasions.
- In an interview, Richa said that she was fond of musical instruments.
- Richa Rathore is a dog lover and has a pet dog named Cady.