Noah Nirmal Tom is an Indian athlete and a junior warrant officer (JCO) in the Indian Air Force, who competes in 400m and in 4 x 400m relay categories. He represented India in the 2019 World Championship in Doha in the men’s 4x400m relay team along with Amoj Jacob, Muhammed Anas, and K Suresh Jeevan. Noah booked his position in the relay team for the Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham, England.
Noah Nirmal Tom was born on Sunday, 13 November 1994 (age 27 years; as of 2021) in Chakkittapara, Kozhikode district, Kerala. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. Noah completed his schooling at Silver Hills Public School, Kozhikode. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from St. Joseph’s College, Devagiri, Kerala. Noah Nirmal Tom – Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″ ((Birmingham 2022))
Weight (approx.): 67 kg ((Birmingham 2022))
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Noah’s father’s name is Tomichant T.J. His mother’s name is Alicely Tom, a former national handball player and a gold medalist.
Noah has three brothers, Aaron Ashish Tom, Joel Jyothish Tom, Abe John Tom, and a sister, Kezhiah Charis Tom.
Noah and his family are ardent followers of Jesus. In an interview, Noah revealed that he starts his day by spending time reading the Bible, and chanting prayers.
Noah resides in B3 NGO Quarters Marikunnu PO Calicut 12.
Initially, Noah started his athletic career with 100m and 200m dash. In 2010, he enrolled himself in the Sports Authority of India (SAI) hostel at Kozhikode to train himself in a professional athletic setup. Noah spent four years at the SAI academy in Kozhikode, and he participated in various sprint tournaments.
Junior Warrant Officer (JWO)
In 2014, based on his performance on the track, Noah Nirmal Tom was offered to serve the Indian Air Force (IAF) as a sergeant.
In March 2022, he was promoted to Junior Warrant Officer (JWO).
Track and Field Athlete
Noah took part in the men’s 400m at the 56th Kerala State junior athletics championship in Kochi on 13 October 2012, with a clocked timing of 48.99 seconds.
He competed in the men’s relay 4*400 at the Junior South Asian Athletic Championship in Ranchi in 2013.
In April 2018, Noah, along with his team members, Amoj Jacob, Muhammed Ajmal, and Muhammed Anas Yahiya reached the finals of the men’s 4*400 relay in the Commonwealth Games held in Australia. In July 2019, Noah clocked a timing of 46.05s in the men’s 200m event at the Czech Athletic Championship, Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic. In October 2019, Noah participated in the National Open Athletics Championships 2019 in the men’s 400m event, and he clocked a timing of 45.88 seconds. In October 2019, Noah competed in the mixed 4x400m relay at the World Athletics Championship in Doha along with Muhammed Anas, VK Vismaya, and Jisna Matthew, but ended up in the 7th position in the finals with a reported timing of 3:03.09s.
Noah competed in the men’s 4x400m relay in Tokyo Olympics 2020 along with his teammates Muhammed Anas Yahiya, Arokia Rajiv, and Amoj Jacob.
Noah ran the second leg with a reported timing of 45.05 seconds. Though, they broke the Asian record for men’s 4*400 relay, but couldn’t qualify for the finals.
A new Asian record for @ChelseaFC supporter Noah Nirmal Tom in the 4x400m relay race 👏👏
— Premier League India (@PLforIndia) August 6, 2021
In March 2022, Noah participated in the Indian Grand Prix-2 in Bhubneshwar, and he clocked a timing of 46.19 seconds.
In April 2022, Noah participated in the 4x400m men’s relay at the National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championship 2022 along with Muhammed Anas Yahiya, Amoj Jacob, and Arokia Rajiv. Noah competed at the 25th AFI National Federation Cup Senior Athletics Championship in April 2022 men’s 400 m with a clocked timing of 46.81 seconds. In June 2022, he competed in the men’s 400m at the 7th International Sprint & Relay Cup, Atatürk University Stadium, Erzurum with a clocked timing of 45.83 seconds. Noah participated in the National Inter State Senior Athletics Championship at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai in June 2022 with a reported timing of 46.44 seconds in the men’s 400m category. In June 2022, Noah took part in two categories, 4x400m men’s relay and men’s 400m, at Balkan Relay Cup 2022.
- 2018: National Open Athletics Championship, Bhubneshwar (men’s 4 x 400m relay)
- 2018: Service Athletic Championship 2018, Karnataka
- 2019: National Open Athletics Championship, Ranchi (men’s 400m)
- 2019: 5th International Balkan Relay Cup 2019 in Erzurum, Turkey (men’s 4x 400m relay)
- 2022: 7th International Sprint and Relay Cup in Erzurum, Turkey (men’s 400m)
- 2022: Balkan Relay Cup, Erzurum, Turkey (men’s 400m)
- 2013: Junior South Asian Athletic Championship, Ranchi
- 2019: Czech Athletic Championship, Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic
- 2022: Balkan Relay Cup, Erzurum, Turkey (men’s 4 x 400m relay)
- 2022: National Inter State Senior Athletics Championship at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai
- 2022: 25th AFI National Federation Cup Senior Athletics Championship, Thenhipalam, Kerala
- 2012: State record at under-18 boys 400m in the 56th Kerala State Junior Athletics Championship in Kochi on 13 October 2012 with a clocked timing of 48.99 seconds.
- 2020: Asian record of 3 minutes and 25 seconds at the Tokyo Olympics 2020 in 4*400 men’s relay, breaking the previous record of 3:00.56 set by Qatar at the Asian Games 2018. The Hindu
- Sport: Football and Basketball
- Football Club: Chelsea
- Footballer: Didier Drogba
- Quote: In Jesus ………. for country
- Noah’s physical education teacher, Jose Sebastian, first spotted his talent in school. In an interview, Noah talked about his coach and said,
It was my school coach, Jose Sebestian, who spotted my talent and insisted on making a career in athletics and started tutoring me. After that in 2010, I enrolled myself in the Sports Authority of India hostel Kozhikode. Fistosports
- Noah considers Mohamad Anas, an Indian sprinter, his inspiration. In an interview, Noah talked about him and said,
I consider Mohamad Anas, who also falls under the same discipline as me, my inspiration. I always perceive challenges in accordance with him, it’s like if he can do it, I can also do it. Fistosports
- During his school days, Noah was interested in sports, and he spent most of his time on the playground rather than inside the classroom. In an interview, talking about his interest in sports, Noah said,
- While training in SAI (Sports Authority of India), he met coach George P Joseph, who advised him to race in the 400m category. In 2014, he joined the Indian Air Force (IAF) and started his training for 400m under the mentorship of coach Raj Mohan MK. In an interview, talking about how he started running 400m, he said,
Coach George P Joseph, turned my course to 400metres, which was the biggest turning point in my career. And from there in 2014, I made my cut into the India Air force under coach Rajmohan MK and he churned a professional 400 metre runner out of me and made me run 45:96 seconds and I made it to the Indian camp on October 2018.
- Noah usually runs the last leg during the relay events.