Navneet Kaur Rana is a former Telugu actress, social activist, and a Member of Parliament from the Amravati constituency.
Navneet Kaur Rana was born on 3 January 1986 (age 33 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She did her schooling from Karthika High School, Kurla West, Mumbai (Up to 10th standard). After completing her 12th standard, Kaur discontinued her studies and went on to become a model.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements: 34-28-35
Family, Caste & Husband
Navneet Kaur Rana belongs to a Sikh Family of Labana caste. Her father was an Indian Army official. Not much is known about her mother and siblings. Navneet got married to Ravi Rana, an independent MLA from Badnera constituency on 3 February 2011. The couple has a son, Ranveer.
Navneet started her career as a model by appearing in 6 music videos. She made her acting debut in 2004 with the Kannada Film “Darshan” in which she played the role of ‘Nandini.’ In the same year, she made her Telugu Film debut with the film “Seenu Vasanthi Lakshmi.” Subsequently, she appeared in the Telugu films “Chetna,” “Jagapathi,” “Good Boy,” “Jabilamma,” and “Bhuma.”
In 2009, she starred in the Malayalam film “Love In Singapore.”
Kaur has also featured in the Punjabi film “Lad Geya Pecha” opposite Gurpreet Ghuggi.
Navneet started her Political career in 2014 by fighting the Lok Sabha elections as a candidate of Nationalist Congress Party from the Amravati Constituency. She lost the elections by 1.37 lakh votes.
In 2019, she became the Member of Parliament from the Amravati Constituency after defeating Anandrao Adsul of Shivsena as an Independent candidate in the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections.
In 2014, Navneet Kaur landed into a controversy over her caste certificate. While Navneet filed a petition challenging the caste certificate issued to her, a writ petition was filed by Raju Mankar stating that his statutory right has been jeopardised as he wants to contest the Lok Sabha elections from the Amravati seat which was reserved for Scheduled Caste. He mentioned in his petition that- “She originally hails from the State of Punjab. As per information received by the petitioners, she belongs to Labana caste which is not recognised as Scheduled Caste in the State of Maharashtra. However, she initially obtained a caste certificate from the Sub-Divisional Officer on the basis of fake school leaving certificate.” The Hindu
- Colour: White
- Sport: Cricket
- Politician: Devendra Fadnavis
- Her hobbies include dancing and listening to music.
- She is well versed in Marathi, Hindi, Telugu, and English Language.
- Reportedly, Navneet got married to Ravi Rana in a mass ceremony along with 3100 other couples of various castes and religions. Many political leaders including the then Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Prithviraj Chavan and Yog Guru, Baba Ramdev were also present at the ceremony to bless the newly wedded couples.
- She contested the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections as a candidate of Yuva Swabhimani Paksha (YSP), a political outfit formed by her husband Ravi Rana.
- In 2019, Navneet became the only actress to be elected as an MP from Maharashtra.
References [ + ]