Manish Kaushik was born on Thursday, 11 January 1996 (age 25 years; as of 2021) in Devsar, Bhiwani, Haryana. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He received his primary education from a school in Devsar village and then attended a secondary school in Bhiwani. Kaushik attained a bachelor’s degree from Bhiwani’s Government College of Education. Sports Keeda His family’s financial condition was not good and to ensure a better life for his family, Manish decided to learn boxing while he was in his teens. In order to manage his studies and boxing training, Manish used to wake up at 4 a.m. and practise boxing.
Weight (approx.): 60 Kg
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 40″, Waist 32″, Biceps 14″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Manish Kaushik’s father, Somdutt Sharma, is a farmer. His mother, Devaki Devi, is a homemaker. He has an elder brother, Vipin Kaushik, who works at Bhiwani Welfare Department. He also has an elder sister named Pooja.
Manish Kaushik belongs to a Brahmin family.
Manish Kaushik started his boxing career in 2008. In 2009, he won a gold medal in Kayo National Cup Thane in the 32 Kg weight category. In 2015, he took part in Doha International Boxing Tournament and won a gold medal. He then won a silver medal in Kazakhstan International Boxing Tournament 2017. In 2018, Manish participated in the Asian Game Test Event held in Jakarta, Indonesia, and won a gold medal.
In the same year, Kaushik participated in the Commonwealth Games and bagged a silver medal. Subsequently, he won a Bronze medal in AIBA International Boxing Tournament 2019. In 2021, he defeated Denmark’s Boxer and became a gold medalist in the BOXAM International Boxing Tournament. He has also been chosen to represent India in boxing at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Besides being a boxer, he serves in the Indian Army as a Joint Commissioned Officer (JCO).
- Bronze in World Championships in Yekaterinburg 2019 (Light-welterweight)
- Gold in BOXAM International Boxing Tournament 2021
- Food: Churma
- Travel Destination: Italy
- Colour: Black
- Athlete: Milkha Singh
- Manish spends his free time helping his parents on the field, growing different crops and wheat.
- He lives in a joint family in his village Devsar. His extended family includes his two paternal uncles, aunts, and his cousins.
- Initially, Manish’s father was not happy with his career option and wanted him to concentrate on his studies. However, when he noticed Manish’s passion for boxing, he agreed to it.
- Manish is very particular about his fitness and visits the gym daily.
- Kaushik practices Yoga every day to maintain his physical and mental balance.
- In 2019, he achieved the world rank 5 in boxing.
- He comes from a state that has produced some popular pugilists like Vijendra Singh, Kavita Chahal, and Jitendra Kumar.
- In June 2021, PM Narendra Modi praised Manish for his boxing talent during his show “Mann Ki Baat.”
- One of his paternal uncles was once a national-level athlete.
- He is an ardent follower of Lord Hanuman.
- In 2020, he was awarded the Arjuna Award for his contribution to sports.