Kamal Menghrajani is an Indian-American cancer physician. She has been appointed to the 2023-2024 class of White House Fellows, which offers the opportunity to work at the highest levels of the Federal government of the United States. She is working at the Office of Science and Technology Policy in the Executive Office of the President with the Cancer Moonshot and Health Outcome teams.
Kamal Menghrajani Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, in New York. She is a member of the Global Health team at Mailman School of Public Health. In July 2020, she completed her
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about her parents and siblings.
Wife & Children
On 18 September 2021, Kamal Menghrajani married Rajiv Magge, an Assistant Professor of Neurology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Neurologist at Presbyterian Hospital, NewYork. She has no children yet.
She was the co-founder of Nourish International, a student movement that works on the impacts of extreme poverty. She worked for this organisation from January 2003 to May 2006. In August 2006, she joined the NCI Research Fellow and worked there for 11 months. In June 2007, she joined
Yesterday, President Biden announced my appointment as a White House Fellow https://t.co/lUBPDLmF7g
As the first oncologist ever selected, I'm excited to lead, serve, and innovate for our patients in this new role with the Cancer Moonshot and Health Outcomes teams @WHOSTP
— Kamal Menghrajani, MD, MS (@KamalMe) September 22, 2023
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- In 2018, Kamal Menghrajani was awarded the ASCO Young Investigator Award in memory of Sally Gordonis by the Conquer Cancer Foundation. ASCO Connection
- In May 2023, her team, Candy Therapeutics won the Sigma Millipore High Impact Award at Nucleate, New York.
- Her expertise is in leukaemia and her research interests are in clonal hematopoiesis, genomics, and assessing advanced therapeutics via clinical research. Kamal Menghrajani, while working with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, discussed the advanced research of acute myeloid leukaemia during an interview.
- Kamal Menghrajani has served oncology patients at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai and Uganda Cancer Institute, Kampala.
- Kamal Menghrajani is the only Indian American in the cohort of 14 other members in the 2023-24 class of White House fellows. NDTV