Jangiri Madhumita is a South Indian Actress. She mainly does comedy roles. She participated in the popular reality TV show- “Bigg Boss Tamil (Season 3)“.
Jangiri Madhumitha was born on Thursday, 21 April 1983 (age 36 years; as in 2019) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
She is a graduate. Her real name is Madhumitha. She got the name Jangiri because of her role in her first film- “Oru Kal Oru Kannadi”.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Husband & Caste
Madhumitha belongs to a Tamilian Catholic Family. Her father’s name is Vanna Govindan. She has 3 sisters, and she is the youngest of them all. She is married to her cousin, Moses Joel. They dated each other for a long time and got married on 20 February 2019.
Madhumitha started her career in 2004 with the comedy TV show- “Lollu Sabha”. She was appreciated in the show, and she eventually started getting more comedy roles. She got her first film in 2012- “Oru Kal Oru Kannadi”. It was a romantic comedy film, and she was cast along with Hansika Motwani and Udhayanidhi Stalin. The film was a hit and Madhumitha’s popularity grew. People started calling her by the role in the film, i.e., Jangiri.
Once in an interview, she stated that she loves doing comedy but she also wanted to try out a serious role. In 2019, she was announced as a participant in the popular reality show- “Bigg Boss Tamil (Season 3)”.
A complaint was filed against Madhumitha on 2 September 2017. Her neighbour Usha had filed the complaint stating that Madhumitha had bit her hand. Madhumitha released a video explaining that Usha was the society secretary, and she had misused the maintenance funds, hence she was removed from the post. After she was removed, Usha started causing inconvenience to other society residents, by stopping their water and electricity at odd hours. When Madhumitha confronted Usha, she started abusing Madhumita and attacked her. Madhumitha stated that she had to bite Usha’s hand; as she wanted to be freed from her attack, and she did it in self-defence.
- Favourite Actor- Rajinikanth, C. Joseph Vijay
- Favourite Actress- Ramya Krishnan
- Favourite Colour- Black
- Madhumitha is a devotee of Lord Shiva. She carries a picture of Lord Shiva with her at all times.
- When Madhumitha agreed to participate in Bigg Boss Tamil (Season 3), she had requested to bring an idol of Lord Shiva with her. As the show does not allow religious idols inside the house, her request was turned down.
- The contestants on the show were stunned when she entered the Bigg Boss house; as she was continuously chanting Om Namah Shivaya.
- Madhumitha has also been a judge in the Season 5 of the Tamil standup comedy show- “Kalakka Povathu Yaaru”.
- On 20 February, she got married to her cousin, Moses Joel. They dated each other and tied the knot in 2019. Their families had many differences, but when Madhumitha and Moses stated their wish to get married, the families agreed to let go of their differences for the marriage.