Jangiri Madhumita is a South Indian Actress. She mainly does comedy roles. She participated in the popular reality TV show- “Bigg Boss Tamil (Season 3)“, which is hosted by Kamal Haasan.
Jangiri Madhumitha was born on 21 April 1983 (age 36 years; as in 2019) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Height: 5′ 3″ (approx.)
Weight: 55 kg (approx.)
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Figure Measurements: 34-29-36
Family, Husband & Caste
Madhumitha belongs to a Tamilian Catholic Family. Her father’s name is Vanna Govindan. Her mother’s name is not known. She is the youngest child in her family, and she has 3 elder sisters. Not much is known about her family. She is married to her cousin, Moses Joel. They dated each other for a long time and got married on 20 February 2019.
Madhumitha started her career in 2004 with the comedy TV show- “Lollu Sabha“. She was appreciated in the show, and she eventually started getting more comedy roles. She got her first film in 2012- “Oru Kal Oru Kannadi”. It was a romantic comedy film, and she was cast along with Hansika Motwani and Udhayanidhi Stalin. The film was a hit and Madhumitha’s popularity grew. People started calling her by the role in the film, i.e., Jangiri.
Once in an interview, she stated that she loves doing comedy but she also wanted to try out a serious role. In 2019, she was announced as a participant in the popular reality show- “Bigg Boss Tamil (Season 3)”.
A complaint was filed against Madhumitha on 2 September 2017. Her neighbour Usha had filed the complaint stating that Madhumitha bit her hand. Madhumitha released a video stating why had she bitten her neighbour. She explained that Usha was the society secretary, and had misused the maintenance funds, hence she was removed from the post. After she was removed, Usha started causing inconvenience to other society residents, by stopping their water and electricity at odd hours. Madhumitha confronted Usha one day in connection to this. Usha then started abusing Madhumita and attacked her. Madhumitha stated that she had to bite Usha’s hand; as she wanted to be freed from her attack, and she did it in self-defence.
Favourite Actress- Ramya Krishnan
Favourite Colour- Black
- Madhumitha is a devotee of Lord Shiva. She carries a picture of Lord Shiva with her at all times.
- When Madhumitha agreed to participate in Bigg Boss Tamil (Season 3), she requested to bring an idol of Lord Shiva along with her. As the show does not allow religious idols inside the house, her request was turned down.
- The contestants on the show were stunned when she entered the Bigg Boss house; as she was continuously chanting Om Namah Shivaya.
- Madhumitha has also been a judge in the Season 5 of the Tamil standup comedy show- “Kalakka Povathu Yaaru”.
- On 20 February, she married her cousin Moses Joel. They were dating for a while and in 2019, they decided to get married. Their families had many differences, but when Madhumitha and Moses stated their wish to get married, the families agreed to let go of their differences for the marriage.