Jagdish Lad was an Indian International bodybuilder who died on 30 April 2021 due to COVID-19 complications.
Jagdish Lad was born in 1987 (age 34 years; at the time of death) in Kundal village in Sangli, Maharashtra. He was born and raised in Kundal village, and he later moved to Navi Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 90 kg
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 52″, Waist 34″, Biceps 22″
Family & Caste
Wife & Children
Jagdish Lad was married, and the couple has a daughter together.
He started his career as a bodybuilder in Mumbai. He had more than 15 years of experience as a bodybuilder. Later, he moved to Vadodara to manage a local gym. He won a silver medal in the men’s category of up to 90kg during the 2014 WBPF World Championship which was held in Mumbai. He also won a silver medal and national Bharat Shri title at the Mr. India bodybuilding competition. In 2017, he took retirement from professional bodybuilding. A few years before his death, he had started his gym in Vadodara, Gujarat.
Awards, Honours, & Achievements
- Bharat Shri title
- Silver Medal in World Championship
- Gold Medal in Mr. India competition
- Mr. Navi Mumbai Mahapoor Winner
- Mr. Maharashtra Shree First Runner
- Mr. Navi Mumbai Shetra Shree Winner
On 30 April 2021, he passed away in Vadodara, Gujarat due to COVID-19 complications. Four days before his death, he was on oxygen, and due to improper treatment, he could not survive. The Times of India
On his demise, an international bodybuilder Sameer Dabilkar said,
He had left bodybuilding four years back. Due to the lockdown, he was struggling financially. He and the bodybuilder here, Lakhan, both didn’t get proper treatment and died due to this reason. Even his wife has covid. His landlord was not allowing them to vacate their house in Baroda because he didn’t have money to pay rent. If covid strikes us bodybuilders, who have a high level of immunity, it can strike anyone. Bodybuilders aren’t Gods, we too can get affected deeply by covid.”
- Reportedly, Jagdish was facing financial problems. He had left bodybuilding, and his gym was was also not working well due to the Coronavirus pandemic. One of his friends said that Jagdish’s landlord in Vadodara was not allowing him to vacant the room in which he was living as he did not pay the rent for a few months.
- He owned a Royal Enfield bike and Toyota car.
- He had worked in a print advertisement of SAN Protein which deals in bodybuilding products.