Gulveer Singh is an Indian athlete and army sergeant. He won a bronze medal in the 10,000-meter race at the 2022 Asian Games held in Hangzhou, China.
Gulveer Singh was born on Monday, 1 June 1998 (age 25 years; as of 2023) in Sirsa, a village in the Atrauli tehsil of Aligarh district in Western Uttar Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Gemini.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Gulveer Singh belongs to a Jat family in Uttar Pradesh
Parents & Siblings
Gulveer Singh’s father, Pappu Singh, is a farmer, and his mother, Lakshmi Devi, is a homemaker. He has a younger sister named Asha.
Wife & Children
Gulveer Singh has a son.
Gulveer Singh follows Hinduism.
In May 2023, Gulveer Singh took part in the 5,000-metre and 10,000-metre events in the 26th National Federation Cup Senior Athletics Championship 2023 held at the Birsa Munda Stadium Morabadi, Ranchi. Gulveer clocked the time of 13:54:41 in 5,000 metres and 29:05:90 in the 10,000-metre event.
Gulveer Singh has participated in many national and international competitions including Asian Games, Indian Championships, Asian Athletics Championships, and Indian National Games. In 2022, he trained for the international tournaments at the SAI NS Southern Centre, Bangalore. In July 2023, Gulveer, along with other Indian athletes, was sent to a 10-week training camp in the high altitude of Colorado Springs in the USA. At the 26th National Federation Cup Senior Athletics Championship 2023, Gulveer clocked the time 29:05:90 in the 10,000-metre event. At that time, this timing was better than any time recorded in the Asian Games. Indian Athletics
Gulveer Singh joined the Indian Army at the age of 17 through sports quota. He belongs to the Grenadiers Regiment of the Indian Army. He completed his basic military training at Grenadiers Regimental Centre, Jabalpur.
- In May 2023, he won a gold medal in the 5,000-metre race at the 26th National Federation Cup Senior Athletics Championship 2023.
- In May 2023, he won a gold medal in the 10,000-metre race at the 26th National Federation Cup Senior Athletics Championship 2023.
- In September 2023, he won a bronze medal in a 10,000-metre race event at the 2022 Asian Games in Hangzhou, China.
- In July 2023, Gulveer won a Bronze medal in the 10,000-meter race at the 2023 Asian Athletics Championships in Bangkok.
- Gulveer Singh was greeted with a road show around his village after he returned to India after winning the Bronze medal in 2023. During this roadshow, Gulveer Singh announced that he would donate Rs. 20 Lakh to a local temple.
- According to Gulveer Singh, he practised running on the footpaths of his village.
- In an interview, talking about how he began his career as an athlete, he said,
I am from a farmer family, I have had to do farming myself. Had a normal life. Seeing that people from every house in the village are in the army, I also started running, due to which I became an athlete.”