Divyansha Kaushik is an Indian actor who predominantly works in the South Indian film industry. She is known for her work in the Telugu film ‘Majili’ (2019) for which she was nominated for the SIIMA Award for Best Female Debut – Telugu in 2019.
Divyansha Kaushik was born on Monday, 10 February 1997 (age 26 years; as of 2023) in Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She grew up in Delhi. Divyansha attended a boarding school in Mussoorie, Dehradun, Uttarakhand. She enrolled herself in a makeup artist course in London, England. She studied fashion and media communications at a college in Delhi. The Hindu
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black with Medium Golden Brown highlights
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32-26-32
Her father’s name is Ashwini Kaushik, while her mother’s name is Anu Kaushik. Anu Kaushik is an established makeup artist in Bollywood.
Divyansha Kaushik is unmarried.
Divyansha Kaushik made her debut in the Telugu film industry with the film ‘Majili’ in 2019. She played the role of ‘Anshu’ in the film.
She appeared in many other Telugu films including ‘Ramarao on Duty’ (2022).
Divyansha marked her debut in the Tamil film industry with the film ‘Michael’ in 2023 as ‘Theera.’
Kaushik made her digital debut with Zee5’s horror film ‘The Wife’ in 2021. She appeared as ‘Katrina Murad’ in the film.
- Divyansha’s name is a combination of her parents’ names.
- In an interview, Divyansha revealed that she wanted to become an actor since she saw Kareena Kapoor as ‘Poo’ in the Hindi film ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.’ Kaushik, however, developed an interest in being a fashion journalist and an editor of an American monthly fashion and lifestyle magazine, Vogue, over time. The Hindu
- As a child, Divyansha would often accompany her mother to work. In an interview, she mentioned that she would often go to editorial shoots with her mother, Anu Kaushik, where people on set would tell her to try her luck in acting including actor Rani Mukerji.
- Divyansha, who was a school student at that time, gained around 20 kgs of weight and thought that she was not supposed to be an actor because of her chubby look. Following this, Divyansha decided to become a makeup artist, which was an easy option for her as her mother was an established makeup artist and had a farmhouse in Delhi with a spa and salon facility in it. While talking about this in an interview, Divyansha Kaushik said,
I was going to editorial shoots with my mom and there, people would tell her I should take a shot at acting. Had this suggestion come earlier, my life would be different. I was at a boarding school in Mussorie and had put on 20 kilos, so I thought I am not cut out to be an actor. At school I was always into debates, dramatics but never took acting that seriously. Compliments of me being pretty reduced when I put on weight and I went back to thinking make-up is the field I should be in. Mom had a farm house in Delhi, which had a spa and salon, so that was easy.” The Hindu
- Divyansha Kaushik started her career as an intern at ‘Yash Raj Films,’ an Indian film production and distribution company founded by veteran filmmaker Yash Chopra in 1970, where learned about the process of casting and filmmaking.
- While working at ‘Yash Raj Films,’ Divyansha started working on her fitness following which got her first portfolio shot and soon received an offer to get featured in a television commercial. She has worked with many brands including Pantene.
- Following her first appearance in an advertisement, Divyansha was approached by many South Indian filmmakers, which automatically opened the way for her to enter the film industry.
- Divyansha is a fitness enthusiast. She shares her workout pictures and videos on social media.
- Kaushik is an avid animal lover. She often posts their pictures on her social media handle.
- She has a pet dog named Captain.
- While talking about her foodie side in an interview, Divyansha revealed that she loves food so much that she keeps ordering food or looking at it on Zomato. She follows a non-vegetarian diet. Divyansha added that she likes Hyderabad’s Biryani and Salan. Divyansha Kaushik, in the interview, said,
I am always on Zomato; either eating or just looking, hoping to eat. In Delhi, the food is so good, you can’t resist. In Hyderabad the first thing I order at lunch is biryani and salan . I am aware that as an actor I can’t indulge.” The Hindu