Vivek Mashru is an Indian former actor and businessman. He is known for playing the role of sub-inspector Vivek in Colors TV episodic TV series ‘CID’ from 2006 to 2012.
Vivek V Mashru Instagram – Vivek V Mashru also spelt Viivek Mashru The Indian Express was born on Tuesday, 27 September 1983 (age 40 years; as of 2023) in Bengaluru, Karnataka. His zodiac sign is Libra. He did his schooling at The Frank Anthony Public School in Bengaluru, Karnataka. From 1989 to 1995, he did class 1 to class 6 at Primary and Middle School. From 1995 to 1999, he completed class 7 to class 10 at Good Shepherd International School in Bengaluru. He did class 11 and class 12 in commerce at GD Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Bengaluru. From 2013 to 2015, he did Masters in International Business at Grenoble Ecole de Management, Singapore. He also did certification in Analytics for Beginners in 2016. From 2020 to 2021, he pursued PG Program in Data Science and Business Analytics at the Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai. In the same year, Vivek did Post Graduate Program in Data Science and Business Analytics at The University of Texas at Austin, Texas. LinkedIn – Vivek Mashru
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel Brown
Parents & Siblings
His father, Vimal Mashru, is a proprietor of Vivek Avenues.
Wife & Children
In 2018, he got married.
From 2002 to 2003, he started working as an actor and production executive at Prasad Bidapa Associates, Bengaluru. In 2013, he started working as a Manager of Operations at Vivek Avenues in Bengaluru. In 2014, he worked as a lead facilitator at the training workshops and ‘Dream Outdoor Experiential Camps’ for teachers and youth workers. He joined Indus International Schools as director of marketing from 2015 to 2020. He started working as a general manager of marketing at Vijaybhoomi University, Jagdish Sheth School of Management (JAGSOM), IFIM College & IFIM Law School from September 2020 to January 2021. In April 2021, he joined CMR Group of Institutions, Bengaluru as a specialist in strategy and innovation. In October 2021, he started working as head of the common core curriculum at CMR University, Bengaluru. In June 2022, he was promoted to director of the common core curriculum.
Vivek has appeared in a few Hindi films like ‘Morning Raga’ (2004) and ‘Fight Club: Members Only’ (2006).
He has also acted in various Hindi TV serials such as ‘Akkad Bakkad Bambey Bo’ (2005; Star Plus) and ‘Aankhen’ (2005; Doordarshan)
He played the role of Inspector Vivek in the popular Hindi TV series ‘CID’ (2006) which aired on Sony.
In his teens, he worked as a model in various photoshoots.
In 2012, he worked in the Hindi short film ‘Checkmate’ in which he worked in various departments like lighting, story, dialogues, camera, costume, production, direction, and make-up. He has also worked in the theatre play ‘Insulting the Audience’ directed by Rehaan Engineer.
- While he was in school and college, he participated in various sports like skating, hockey, swimming, athletics, taekwondo, and badminton.
- He is well-versed in playing the guitar.
- During his college days, he performed in various theatre plays and dance competitions.
- In 2010, he volunteered in various NGOs like Sadguru Mangeshda Kriya Yoga Foundation, Edenue, Dream A Dream, and MAS Sarvangeen Kriya Prabodhini Pvt. Ltd.
- He has won many awards for his role in CID.
- Vivek is a huge fan of the Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar.
- In his leisure time, he loves to travel and play various sports.
- He is an animal lover and often shares pictures with dogs on his social media accounts.
- In June 2023, he disclosed that he held the role of an educational administrator rather than a professor in Bengaluru. Mashru clarified that he supervises the Department of Common Core Curriculum at CMR University in Bengaluru.