Ryan Dorsey is an American actor known for his work in the TV series- Ray Donovan (2017), Pitch (2016), and Bosch (2019).
Ryan Dorsey was born as ‘Ryan Keith Dorsey’ on Tuesday, July 19, 1983 (age 37 years; as in 2020), in Charleston, West Virginia. Her zodiac sign is Cancer.
He enrolled at Western Carolina University to do a Major in Theatre but he left it after a semester. He then enrolled at West Virginia University. After a year, he auditioned and was accepted at The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts.
Height IMDb: 5’ 10”
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
His father’s name is Arnold Dorsey. He has a brother.
He got married to American actress Naya Rivera in July 2014 in Cabo San Lucas in Mexico. The couple filed for a divorce in 2016 but reconciled a year later. Soon after their reconciliation, things didn’t work well between them, and Naya filed for a divorce with Ryan for the second time; they finally got divorced in 2018.
He has a son named Josey Hollis Dorsey (born September 17, 2015).
He made his acting debut with the short film ‘Groovin’ On’ (2011) as ‘Chad.’
He has acted in the short films- Shadows (2014), Off Track (2014), Jessica California USA (2015), Prettyface (2016), DUNK (2017), and Parts & Labor (2018). He made his television debut ‘Southland’ (2013) as ‘Cody Carlos.’
He has acted in the TV series- Parks & Recreation (2013), Mob City (2013), The Mentalist (2014), Shameless (2015), Crowded (2016), The Vampire Diaries (2016), Nashville (2017), Ray Donovan (2017), Runaway (2018), Bosch (2019), S.W.A.T. (2019), Stumptown (2020), and The Rookie (2020). He made his feature film debut with Blood Father (2016) as ‘Shamrock.’
He has also acted in the feature films- Khali the Killer (2017), and Heavy Doom. He was the co-producer of the film ‘Heavy Doom.’
In November 2017, Ryan made a call to 911 saying that Naya was drunk and assaulted him during an argument over their son. After this, Naya was arrested for assaulting Ryan. CNN
- Basketball Player: Kobe Bryant
- Actor: Robert De Niro
- Sports: Baseball, Golf
- Initially, he wanted to be a baseball player, but after he acted in the play ‘Night of January 16th’ by Ayn Rand while studying in his senior high school, he decided to become an actor.
- In 2010, Ryan and Naya dated for a short time in 2010. She dated other men but stayed in contact with Ryan, finally, marrying him in 2014. In her memoir, Sorry Not Sorry, Naya wrote about Ryan,
By the time we sort of reconnected, I was like, gosh, there’s a reason why you keep coming back in my life and we keep coming back together”
- He likes dogs and has two pet dogs.
- On July 8, 2020, his ex-wife, Naya, and their son Josey had gone to a boating trip to Lake Piru. Reportedly, both mother and son went swimming, but after a few hours, only Josey was on the boat and Nara was nowhere to be found. After a few days, her dead body was found with drowning being the cause of her death.
References [ + ]