Manasi Joshi is a well-known Para-Badminton player. She has won a gold medal in BWF Para-Badminton World Championships (2019).
She was born on Sunday, 11 June 1989 (age 30 years; as in 2019), in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. She did her schooling from Atomic Energy Central School in Mumbai, and later, she did bachelors in electronic engineering from K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 66 Kg
Her father, Girishchandra Joshi, is a retired scientist from Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai. Manasi has a brother- Kunjan Joshi and a sister- Nupur Joshi. Kunjan works as an entomological researcher and is a badminton player too, and Nupur works as a manager of her sister- Manasi.
When she was 6 years old, she used to play badminton with her father. After completing her graduation, she worked as an engineer with ATOS India, a private company. She represented Maharashtra at the selection trials for the Asian Games in 2014, and in the same year, she won against Parul Parmar, an Arjuna Award winner. In 2018, she started her training from P. Gopichand badminton academy at Hyderabad.
- 2015: Medal in mixed doubles Para-Badminton World Championships
- 2016: Bronze in Para-Badminton Asian Championships (women’s singles & women’s doubles)
- 2017: Bronze in women’s singles Para-Badminton World Championships
- 2018: Bronze medal in women’s singles at Thailand Para-Badminton International
- 2018: Bronze medal in women’s singles in Asian Para Games
- Badminton Player: Pramod Bhagat
- Food: Chole-Kulche
- She is also known by Manasi Girishchandra Joshi and Manasi Nayana Joshi.
- Her hobbies include- travelling and swimming.
- She is trained by J. Rajendra Kumar and Pullela Gopichand.
- In 2011, her life turned miserably when she was driving on her two-wheeler. A truck hit her and crushed her left leg, and due to infection in her leg, it was amputated. After 50 days in the hospital, she started walking with the help of a prosthetic leg. In her office badminton tournament, she participated and won the match and this gave her a new direction to life.
- She appeared on Kaun Banega Crorepati 11, aired on 11 October 2019 in special episode ‘Karmaveer’ along with Para-Athlete, Deepa Malik.